02-15-2013 03:23 PM
ok so recently i dropped my phone down the loo by accident (obviously) i reckon it was under water 3 secs 5 tops , as soon as i got it out i took out the battery and flicked as much water as i could out of the phone. then i put it on the radiator for about an hour with the battery out. Afterwards it sort of woked but i had troubles with typing signal and other things but over the week it got better and then it was fine. Now it won't charge i have a spare battery and i tried using that too but it also didn't work. Its been a week since i dropped it down the loo and i'm really worried that its too late to fix it, does anyone know how i can get it back to normal? or if, its too late
Please help me i have lots of very importent infomation and media on there that i can't afford to loose.
02-15-2013 03:26 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community!
REMOVE YOUR BB BATTERY NOW!!!
Run, don't walk, to this FAQ:
Do everything it says, including waiting the maximum recommended time (probably longer...perhaps 5 days). Applying power to your BB between it getting wet and doing this process reduces the chances of success. Further, the only thing predictable about moisture intrusion into a BB (indeed, any electronic device) is that the results will be unpredictable. I've seen some come back up right away and be fine. I've seen others never work at all. I've seen still others run for a bit, and then die later. And every thing in between.
For future reference, BBs are just computers that happen to also do mobile telephony. Like all computers, they require a proper backup process so as to protect that priceless information from loss via this, or any other, situation. While it may well be too late for you this time, here are some guidelines to follow for the future: