Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

naila123
My Device: blackberry bold 9780

HELP :( please! :( ..A communication failure has occurred. The server may be busy, please try again later <<comes up when trying to download appworld and facebook!

I've just got a blackberry bold 9780 recently ..and from my mobile browser i tried to download app world and facebook application but it wont let me, and for both it comes up with..... 'A communication failure has occurred. The server may be busy, please try again later'

But the same thing keeps happening over and over

I'm using WIFI to connect to the internet and access my mobile browser by the way.

I previously had the facebook app installed and it worked but it started coming up with that error message so i deleted it- tried to re-intsall it, but i cant even install now!

Can anyone help me on what to do please?? How to solve this issue? ...I have noo idea what to do :smileysad:  ...Thank youu! x

New Contributor
MightySoul97
My Device: Bold 9780

Re: HELP :( please! :( ..A communication failure has occurred. The server may be busy, please try again later <<comes up when trying to download appworld and facebook!

i've had this problem for so long, i just started turning off wifi the second it starts happening. :-( today i was near the desktop when it started messing up, so i thought i'd look it up on google. i have seen a few posts that say "some routers work, some routers don't", but only one that said something like "you must configure your Wireless N router to work only as a Wireless G router, or you will have problems. OS 4.5 will not have the problem either way". i'm sorry i don't have the solution for you. this is RIM's fault, so they need to fix it. i really hope they provide an update for my device soon. it really sucks that i HAVE wifi, but i don't always REALLY have wifi!!!!! :-(

as low as their popularity has gotten because they refused to stay on the cutting edge and be competitive, i'm already thinking of googling "top smartphone 2011" and finding something that actually works all the time. they even started me with Blackberry Messenger, but if someone else doesn't have a blackberry, i can't talk to them! grrr! their only hope is to fix our problems and keep us happy, or they'll end up falling further than they already have. sigh.

ok, enough ranting. if someone solves this, can you please reply and let us know? thank you very much! :-)

i'm running 6.0 Bundle 1879 (v6.0.0.448, Platform 6.5.0.136). i don't know what that means, but if its helpful to someone else reading this, then there you are. also, my router is a Cisco E3000

New Contributor
MightySoul97
My Device: Bold 9780

Re: HELP :( please! :( ..A communication failure has occurred. The server may be busy, please try again later <<comes up when trying to download appworld and facebook!

i guess my TEMPORARY answer is, just turn off wifi when you're in range of a router that your blackberry has issues with...., well at least until they fix it.....IF they are willing to.....
New Contributor
zfed
My Device: 9780

in my case, I had this problem only on wifi. So what I did is reseter-deleted all wifi profiles, because there was message about limit exceded and upgraded router firmware. ~ 2 hours all are working good.