Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
sfd678
My Device: bold 9900

HELP please...sync with outlook 2013

I'm sure this has been asked before and for that I apologise...but it's tough to find the exact answer. I have a bold 9900 and my wife has the first torch (I think a 9800) we use to use a google calendar that worked perfect and real time sync'd our phones no matter who put in the appointment from either the phone or the desktop. I know.....google stopped supporting the calendar (Dam Google) But we recently bought a new computer running windows 8 and microsoft office 2013. We thought that our problems were solved because we were told that outlook 2013calendar  within office can sync with the blackberry.......after much research and frustration I'm starting to understand the only way that they sync now is through a usb connection to blackberry desktop and not real time wireless sync like google calendar use to be. Am I wrong in thinking this or am I missing something here. We are using BIS as it is just personal phones but with way too many appointments to keep track of. Is the only way a blackberry can sync wirelessly through a BES? Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: HELP please...sync with outlook 2013

I use gmail and I am able to sync everything over the air.  Before trying this please do full backups of your phones using the desktop manager.

Delete the google sync app since its not needed anymore.

The screenshots below show how to setup wireless sync.

synchronize your Gmail Calendar and Contacts with your BlackBerry smartphone

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2010/11/gmail-sync-blackberry/

You can also manage the sync settings from the computer using the bis website for your carrier:

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=bell

If you can't get logged in, call bell for assistance.

Here is some additional information:

How to enable or disable wireless contact synchronization with BlackBerry Internet Service

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB22430&sliceId=2&cm...

Thanks for the help....can't believe in this age a blackberry can't wireless sync with outlook like google sync did.

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

No problem. Keep us posted.
My Device: 9780

sfd678 wrote:

Thanks for the help....can't believe in this age a blackberry can't wireless sync with outlook like google sync did.

Not only BlackBerry, even none of other OS like android or apple too can't sync wih OutLook OTA, its not Blackberry issue, it because Outlook is an offline mail client.

Configure Outlook using MAPI profile, then you would be able to get Outlook wirelessly sync with BlackBerry. In MAPI outlook direct sync with your mail server.

New Contributor
sfd678

I'm starting to realize that none of the OS's do it....how do you configure the mapi profile for outlook, is this possible as I would be willing to try.  Thanks

Forums Advisor III
unleashurself
My Device: 9780

Only official ID can be configured as MAPI, because we need our exchange address for same but that is not possible in case of Google, hotmail etc.

These accounts can configured as POP account in outlook.