Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Akay
My Carrier: Orange

HELP! "Phone not allowed MM6 SOS" on my new BB 9900 screen

I just bought the bold 9900 on the 18th in Dubai and I was using it on the Du network perfectly. I came to the UK on the 24th and I inserted my Orange sim card into the device and It kept asking for my Blackberry ID & password which I entered multiple times and it refused to sign in. Then my battery ran out & I decided to charge it with my mac and after a while I saw the message "Phone not allowed MM6 SOS" on my screen. I can't call or receive text messages on the device. 

From searching online it says that my device has been barred or reported stolen but it can't be since I still have the receipt of my purchase.

I tried using my Du sim card on the device and it won't work, I also tried using my Orange sim card on my bold 9700 and it works perfectly.

How can I get it to start working again?

Please help, I'm really upset with the fact that I can't use my new device.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Carrier: Telus

Re: HELP! "Phone not allowed MM6 SOS" on my new BB 9900 screen

[ Edited ]

To start trying to resolve this, start by backing up your data, then restore your BlackBerry to factory settings and wipe the OS using a program called BBSAK. You can download that from http://bbsak.org. To restore your BlackBerry to factory settings, click on the Misc. tab and select Factory Reset. You can then wipe the OS from the first tab.

Once you've done that, reload the OS using the steps here: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S... In this case, because you already wiped the OS and restored to factory, you can skip Step 4.

Hopefully that will resolve the issue, but if not, let me know and I'll see if there is anything else I can come up with.

Also, as a side note and just to make sure, you've already unlocked the phone, correct?

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Akay

Thanks a lot, the phone is factory unlocked. Also, the second link you posted is not working
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Sorry, looks like it decided to add a period to the hyperlink. Try this:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Akay

It took me ages to find a pc to fix it on, and the orange uk network had no software download for the bold 9900, so I downloaded that of the du network and still nothing. The device is still useless

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Ok, I'll see what else I can find and if nothing else, I'll see if I can get some extra assistance. Be patient and I'll hopefully have something for you soon.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Akay

Thanks, I really appreciate it
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Hi Akay,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I've managed to track down a few ideas that might help.

One suggestion is that your device actually might not be unlocked, even if you bought it as an unlocked phone (although I would have expected it to work with your Du SIM card). If you do still need to get the phone unlocked, just make 100% certain that you're providing the correct IMEI as that will impact the unlocking code that you're given. In addition, be aware that you only get 10 tries to get it right before the phone is permanently locked to the original carrier, so make sure to enter the code correctly.

Next suggestion if that's not the case is that Orange simply may need to add your device's serial number (or IMEI) to their network. This worked for another user in the past. Contact them for this.

And barring all of that, contact Orange to ensure that your phone's IMEI and PIN hasn't been blacklisted. If they're unable to answer, you may need to check back with your Dubai carrier.

If none of this works, make sure to let me know as there is still an extra step I can try to see if we can get this sorted out.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Akay

Thanks, I'll contact Orange and try that out first. But how do I unlock the phone?

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Check out a reputable unlocking service such as Horizon Wireless (http://www.horizonwirelessonline.com/eshop/) or the BerryReview unlock store (http://unlock.berryreview.com/). They will give you the instructions and everything to get you up and running.

Please use plain text.