If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Kellymascioli
My Device: Bold9780
My Carrier: Bell

HELPPPPP

Have just recently replaced my screen my blackberry bold 9780! When I went to turn it on the screen went black and full of lines and fuzzy!

I then plugged it in without the battery and the screen went grey and stayed that way So as the device was still plugged in I put in the battery in and the start up menu came up doesn't fully load and there's a red x on the battery sign! I've kept it plugged in for hours and nothing has happened

please help!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: HELPPPPP

If you're getting a red X on your battery, either something in the software is corrupt or the charger connector is faulty.
To eliminate it being a software issue, reload your OS using BlackBerry Desktop Software. If you still have that problem after the OS reload, repair of the connector would be recommended.

I hope that helps you. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kellymascioli

I installed the new software and it still is stuck on the screen with the red x across the battery!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Kellymascioli

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

can you try with another battery?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.