Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

HTML Email Body Not Displayed

Hello everyone.

I've been having this perplexing issue since I got this phone and it is absolutely driving me up a wall! When I receive HTML emails from certain senders (not everyone, but always the same senders/companies) I am able to see the header information, but the body of the email message does not load. In order to see any of the content of the message, I must select "Get Plain Text" and attempt to find either a link to the online version of the email or the content of the email itself. This is beyond frustrating!

A few screenshots of the problem are below:

Header Images are displayed correctly

Email body content is missing

Plain text loads when selected

Any help that you can give would be more than appreaciated!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: HTML Email Body Not Displayed

I've seen this issue too. I don't know what causes it but I do know there is nothing you can do about it. Not all html emails will view on the BlackBerry.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

...and they wonder why everyone is leaving for a Droid or iPhone...

I was afraid that this was the answer, but figured it was worth an ask. Thanks!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

are you sure those emails are properly seen on an Android or iPhone device?

In my opinion, this is just a bad developer who does not know how to properly send an html email.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Negative. The emails display perfectly on Android and IOS. It is happening for every email that I receive from Twitter, Pinterest, Hollister, Abercrombie and others. It's a problem since I work in social media and can't even read the emails that the social sites are sending me!

Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

I get emails from Twitter all the time and everything shows. I do have to tell it to "get images" though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

SMJ0724 wrote:

Negative. The emails display perfectly on Android and IOS. It is happening for every email that I receive from Twitter, Pinterest, Hollister, Abercrombie and others. It's a problem since I work in social media and can't even read the emails that the social sites are sending me!

I understand perfectly.

The prblem is that when I receive emails from twitter, they are correct and I can view them without any problem.

here are some questions:

• is your device a BES device?
  • on your device, do you have languages other than English? Which ones ? in "input language" ?
  • is your language setting in Twitter in English?
  • are the tweets in question, in English?
  • are you able to "forward as attachment" such an email received from Twitter, from another mail user agant ?
  • are you able to forward such an email received from Twitter, using your BlackBerry phone ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: