Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: T-mobile

Hard reset Bold 9700

My 9700 screen went all white.  I have saved my data onto my computer and am ready to return for a new blackberry, but I want to delete everything from the memory.  How to I reset the blackberry to the out-of-the box memory?  Please keep in mind that the screen is completely white.  I thought there was a pin-size hole to do this, but I can't find it.  Thank you 

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: GlaDOS

Re: Hard reset Bold 9700

Have you tried removing the battery and putting it back in?

If the screen is all white even after the battery pull above, there are some steps you can take to attempt to fix it yourself, but better just have a technician look into it.

Like all my posts, and mark them as the solution if it solved your problem.

My Website: Paolo Rodriguez

New Contributor

I have taken out the battery, updated the phone operating system, contace t-mobile support, but the phone needs to be replaced.  I have already received the replacement and need to return the old phone, but want to wipe it clean.

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: GlaDOS

Yes, you mentioned it earlier. With the BB (or any other smartphone for that matter) I don't think there is a reset hole for that. I originally suggested to have a technician wipe it for you as they may be able to go deeper into the internals of the unit to do so, or at least resuscitate the phone enough to able to perform a wipe.

I agree with you though that there is indeed a danger in returning the phone in this state, but hopefully your phone is under a security code and enabled encryption. Or at least most of your sensitive data is in the SD card instead of the phone memory.

Like all my posts, and mark them as the solution if it solved your problem.

My Website: Paolo Rodriguez

New Contributor

Tthank you, I will a contact tech 

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BB Bold
My Carrier: Indosat

yes you can reset your blackberry to factory setting, but your app will delete too