Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
jheckbert
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Virgin

Having trouble setting up a Yahoo.ca email address

Every time I try to set up my yahoo.ca email address on my new 9900 Bold, I get an invalid email address or password. The password is correct, but I can't set it up.

I am able to restore access to the email account by restoring the email messages and full access, but I'm concerned about why it's not working.

I have left Yahoo a message as well. I'm hoping someone on the board has fixed a similar problem. Or maybe it's just me!

Please use plain text.
gayla_coats
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Docomo, Japan

Re: Having trouble setting up a Yahoo.ca email address

i am having the exact same problem. i have been trying and trying for days and no luck fixing the problem. Have you had any luck yet? i could really use the help

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jheckbert
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: Having trouble setting up a Yahoo.ca email address

The problem has been fixed - although I'm not sure it was anything I did to fix it.

Here's what I did though - try and see if you have any success.

I suspected the problem might be related to the .ca domain so I tried to set up and connect a new yahoo.com email address. It took some time for the berry to connect to the yahoo.com account but it did set up successfully. I then retraced the steps to add the .ca account, and it worked okay although it took a long time to establish the connection again. 

So like I said -  not sure it was anything I did - except be patient. Try to see if you can connect to a .com account first, then redo everything to set up the .ca.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.