Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

koshik4u
My Device: bold 9790
My Carrier: gsm

Heating issue with BOLD 9790

Just bought a BOLD 9790 (os7) a few days back and facing a lot of heating issue... Whenever I play a game or put on charging the handset heats up drastically.... Can any1 plzz help...

Please use plain text.
nix101
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: Singtel

Re: Heating issue with BOLD 9790

Hi I just got my 9790 too. My bb got hot and batt depleted in very short time. Anyone have any common problems like this for 9790?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amol7
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Vodafone

I am having the same issue with the BlackBerry 9790 I bought just 2 days ago.

This is a serious issue with the model, as I have used previous models 8830, 8320 and 9780 and none of these had this issue.

The phones need to be recalled. 

I am planning to take the phone to the service center on Monday, when it opens.

Will update soon, but till that time BlackBerry should have some addressal for this issue as I am not the only one facing this issue.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pilman
My Carrier: Telus

Just curious if you had any success with your return? My 9790 also would heat up to a very uncomfortable level when using apps such as games or Blackberry Traffic, I asked the guy at the dealer he said its normal. It has also been in for repair for 3 weeks for a malfuctioning touchscreen. I have wondered if the 2 are related.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
invitro7
My Carrier: Vodacom

[ Edited ]

I've been having the same issue and have had the battery swaped out 3 times now.

Does any one have any answers as to what it could be or a work around or something?

PS. It runs any where between 35-50 C

Blackberry Bol 9790
Vodacom South Africa
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amol7
My Carrier: Vodafone

[ Edited ]

Hi Pilman!

I did get a replacement but the new device (same 9790) also sucks!

I have to charge the battery atleast 2-3 times a day.

Drains really fast when I am chatting on BBM or Yahoo, and gets really warm when browsing.

I should have tried the Curve 9360 which was available as a replacement, with part of the amount refunded.

Something is not very right here in the phone!

BlackBerry should recall the devices or atleast provide a new stronger battery as a replacement.

My earlier device Bold 9780 was much better in battery life, even with 3G and occassional bluetooth transfer. Lasted atleast 12 hours.

And lo! If I try to use camera to take snaps on Bold 9790 the battery will most definitely overheat and drain within an hour!

A strong advise not to buy Bold 9790. Save the money and the headache!

(Just wondering if anyone from BlackBerry or RIM actually go through these forums with a view to address the device issues faced by consumers (and which are truly beyond the consumers' control!))?

Please use plain text.
Widiarta
My Carrier: XL

Hi all, I have the same problem with this, is there any update or solving regarding the heating in 9790? Pls share the solution to us. Thank you..
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shailahoti
My Carrier: Vodafone IN

even i face the Same problem, and even i have posted in long back in this forum but Blackberry officials does not seem to care...

the phone heats up even on continous use of Camera...

Blackberry company should replace the present batteries with high powered battries, in 9790 the batter power is 1230 mAh, whereas the earlier version 9780 has 1500 mAh

touch screen requires extra power....

IS ANY BODY FROM BLACKBERRY LISTENING to US ALL, and give us the SOLUTION FOR LOW BATTERY...

with this kind of treatment BLACKBERRY is making its name written in BLACK all over.... i.e. reject blackberry models, enjoy Samsung Androids's instead...

atleast now the Blackberry office should reply!
Shailesh
Please use plain text.
jayr_marty
My Device: bold 9790
My Carrier: globe telecoms

hello! same here! my bb 9790 is really weird! yeah the battery only last for almost 6 hours or less. then if i accidentally left it charging for 4 hours, battery only last for 2 hours. i turn off my bis when not in use, silent mode all the time, adjusted screen brightness and everything that will keep my battery last for a day.... =(

Please use plain text.
sharbjit
My Carrier: bold

BB 9790 ..very dissappointd I have got it replaced but d same problem is occurin....battery last 4 hour.....an heats up ..wen browsin.....blackberry brand name is goin down down....an down...u losin customer day by day......
Please use plain text.