Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
metal414
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Help! Blackberry lost - can't recall my IMEI number

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I need help regarding my blackberry which has been lost/stolen recently.

I have reported the matter to local police, but they require IMEI number of the phone.
I am unable to find my mobile bill or the box so that I may contact local police for search through IMEI locator. All I remember is my BBPIN.
Though I have now activated a new sim card on my mobile number, you are requested to please guide me the process to initiate a search through BBPIN/IMEI number of my mobile. Please also share the IMEI number with me which can be tracked with BBPIN at your end.

BB PIN : <Removed Personal Content>

Would appreciate if you can look into the matter at the earliest & revert with timelines involved.

- Saurabh

<Removed Personal Content>

[Edited - Personal Information. Please read your messages]

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Sith_Apprentice
My Device: various
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Help! Blackberry lost - can't recall my IMEI number

you can contact your carrier as they should have a record of all your previous IMEI's (provided you updated them).

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Accept as Solution" button so that others can more easily find it. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the Star on the left of their post.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
metal414
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi,

thanks for reverting but I'm not clear on what you mean by (provided you updated the carrier)

Do u mean that I need to specifically update them?

- Saurabh

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
jm312
My Device: Bold 9700 v6.0.0.576
My Carrier: Orange UK

If you contact your network, they can provide you the IMEI and also barr the phone from the network, making it useless in your country.

They will also be able to provide you the IMEI. The IMEI is also on the box of the phone if you have. (sorry for not paying attention to your first post).

If you get a new Blackberry, it is recommended you install Blackberry Protect app, it can backup your data and you can also remotely check the location or wipe your data if its gets lost/stolen. The app is free.

Hope this helps.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Install this on your phone, it helps: http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/protect/

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.
Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Please use plain text.