Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

ajatra
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Help Duplicate E-mail, new issue (I have searched). Please take a look. Thanks.

Hi all,

I have the exact same problem, duplicate email received by unknown. I was in Indonesia, using pro XL, and now in the US I'm using T-Mobile.

Have you got any solution yet rather than talking through the provider?

I already tried to wipe the handheld and service books stuff also using other SIM card that are registered to the BIS, but it still receives email from my email address which is receive by unknown

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BBrunner
My Device: Blackberry Storm

Re: Help Duplicate E-mail, new issue (I have searched). Please take a look. Thanks.

Dude!!!  I had this same problem for a week in the US because i travel between Germany (Vodafone SIM) and US (Verizon SIM) all the time.  this was the first time in 6 months i've had this problem. i attribute it to the new 5.0 software update but whatever.  Who cares because it was super annoying and i finally stopped it by going into the BIS website of my Vodafone account and stopping email filter redirection.  I'll have to send new service books when i get back but i'll deal with that later at least for now i am not getting 2 copies of every email.

BTW...it is not true, i have my PIN registered on both the Verizon and Vodafone networks and I've never received duplicate emails until i got here in the US this time. In fact, my (Verizon-unlocked) storm wouldn't do data services in germany on vodafone until i had them register my PIN in their system.  Basically what i am saying is I have the same PIN/IMEI registered in 2 diff countries networks

Please use plain text.
halzik
My Device: Not Specified

I actually had the same problem too once I got back from a trip to Indonesia. I found that the easiest thing is to change the password to the email account that is causing the problem. This will cut off the other BIS account eliminating any emails that would arrive with the Received Using: Unknown. Simply log into your gmail account (or whatever it is) and change the gmail account password. Update the current BIS account that you are using at the BlackBerry site and the duplicates should promptly stop. I hope that helps.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
igorjuricek
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Awesome! I have had the same trouble, switching SIM cards between two carriers and the duplicate e-mail was such a nuisance, so I changes my passwords on all e-mail accounts I need to receive mail from and so far it seems that the double-trouble is gone.

A note to RIM: all the talk about setting up BIS accounts is just not useful, because there are common users like me who would never have thought about setting up this account - should this be so crucial, it should be voiced loud during the first setup of a device!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
igorjuricek
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

the simplest solutions are usually the best: 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold/Help-Duplicate-E-mail-new-issue-I-have-search...

see the end of the thread :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.