Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Help - Lost my Ringer

All of sudden I have lost my ringer.  I can't hear any sounds from Bold.  I can receive vibrations, but no sound.  Can anyone give any suggestions?

Thanks,

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Help - Lost my Ringer

Have a reset to your device my pulling out battery for 30sec.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

iam having the same problem. first i lost my speaker phone. it was loud, then you could barley hear it and now it is gone. about a week ago i lost the ring volume. i pulled out the battery a bunch of times, deleted any software that i downloaded just to see if that was causing the problem. so finally i did a restore to the date i first purchased the phone, and that still didn't fix it. tonight, i called att support, they walked me through the same thing i kept doing over and over untill they told me how to do a master reset, i did, no fix. my vibrate funtion still works. the media sounds from the speaker hardly work, i have to put my ear up to the phone to hear it. And my phone has never been dropped. i love every blackberry phone ive ever owned and i take very good care of them. HELP!!!!
New Contributor

hey. i just saw this thread. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=Bold&thread.id=14091 .you might want to check it out. i think i might have to get my phone swapped out. does anyone know how long the manufacturer warranty is?
New Contributor

[ Edited ]
ok. i know iam talking to myself now, but i pulled the battery cover off and i hear a huge difference in volume.
Message Edited by solo180 on 04-12-2009 04:27 AM
New Contributor

Wow - I pulled off my battery cover and everything works great.  Now what??  Anyone know what could cause it to work great without battery cover and not at all with cover on?
New Contributor

Ok. I got my sound back to normal with a temporary jimmy rig using some tape and a piece of cigarette box paper, just until I can take my phone back and get it replaced. Here is what you do. Take the back cover off and while you have a song playing, with your finger put pressure on the very top center grey plate that surrounds the flash and camera. When I did this, my volume skyrocketed. So then just place some paper and some tape where your finger was and presto. The lid closes kind of tight. I finally heard an email come through to my phone from the other room. And my speaker phone is back. Hope this helps. Let me know if it did.
New Contributor

Thanks - nice patch until I can get to AT & T store.  Thanks you help.
My Device: Have a Bold (oersonal) and a Tour (work)
My Carrier: AT & T

Lost Ringer and Speaker Phone

Same thing here - no ringer volume unless it is on "Loud", and then it is barely perceptible.

Glad others got good service from AT & T because we were offered a black reburbed one  in exchange for our white, three week old one.

And when we balked they told it was because we bought it on line (we were in a service center storefront) and there was nothing they could do. Which is like telling me I bought something at a different chain store so it is no longer returnable. FInally they relented and said it was shippable for an exchange if I had all the original wrapping - box, inserts, headset, plastic .Everything,.

So now I am teed off at AT&T AND Blackberry. This is a well enough known problem that we should be able to get some decent service with this issue.