Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
bermie87
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Help My Blackberry Bold 9900 stopped working

My phone just stopped working last night.  Today I did some research and found that I need to put the updates on my phone.  Tried this and got an error 507.  Did more reseach and found that I need to download Blackberry Desktop Software on my computer first.  Tried to download the Blackberry Desktop Software and then I get this message

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you are running.  Check your computer’s system information to see if you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program and then contact the software publisher."

OMG.  What do I do now?  Who do I contact?  When I try to contact it sends me to forums.  I just want my phone back.  Please help.  I have not even had the phone for a year as yet.

Please.  Please.  Please.

New Contributor
bermie87
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Re: Help My Blackberry Bold 9900 stopped working

I was able to download the BB Desktop software and reinstall the OS. I now have my phone back. :smileyhappy:
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Help My Blackberry Bold 9900 stopped working

Hi Bermie87,

Nice job fixing your device

I posted the link below it contains all the directions for the reload  and download locations for software and documentation

Thanks,

Bifocals 

How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software using BlackBerry Desktop Software fo... 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter