Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
AWASTHC
My Device: Unlocked Verizon - Blackberry Bold 9930

Help : My Bold 9930 seems to be possessed

Hi, I am using a month old unlocked Blackberry bold 9930 from Verizon. My current service provider is Vodafone IN (India).

My Bold 9930 has started periodically scrolling down uncontrollably. Even if nothing is touching the screen or the trackpad. I have done battery pull but it doesn't stop it for long.

Also it some times it freezes and the trackpad stops responding at all. To resolve this I have to a battery pull again.

Is my trackpad broken/loose/possessed? Could it be caused by my OEM leather pouch being too tight? My phone is less than 1 month old and has had no other issues.

Some details -

Vendor Id - 105
Platform - 5.1.0.429
App Version - 7.1.0.580 (1737)

Please help.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
markharris103
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9790

Re: Help : My Bold 9930 seems to be possessed

I Have Had This Issuse Before On A Curve 8520 Where I Would Scroll Down And It Would Scroll Up Or Scroll Down It Would Go Up, And It Would Shoot Down Low And Not Respond. Replacing The Track Pad Should Cure Your Issues.

Kind Regards

Mark

Blackberry User

Please use plain text.
Contributor
AWASTHC

Is there no other way other than to replace my trackpad ? Is there a possiblity of a bug in the OS ?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

I recommend you take it to an authorized repair shop.  i think its a hradware issue, but to be sure, the repair shop can resolve this for you.  You cna also check with your carrier for support options.

How much does a Bold 9930 trackpad cost ? Do I have to buy it along with the keypad or would I be able to get it seperately ??

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

I did a quick search and found one for 8 dollars, but if you aren't comfortable with taking your phone apart, I highly recommend you take it an authorized repair shop and they can get you pricing options, etc