Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
japlo
My Device: Not Specified

Help!! Third phone and ready to give up on the Bold.

When ever I disconnect a call the screen goes complelely black and I must press a button for the screen to come back on.  This is the second phone that I have had this problem.  I starts out fine (disconnect the call and the screen goes back to the call log and it is lit) but eventually it does the black screen bit.  I have had the second phone for only 5 days and now it is doing the black screen after disconnect.  I called ATT and the had me do a handset wipe.  This fixed the problem but I am afraid that it is going to happen again and my 30 days are up at the end of the month.  Any suggestions???  Has anyone had this problem???  I don't want a phone that I have to handset wipe every week or month.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pbkolsun

Re: Help!! Third phone and ready to give up on the Bold.

Is it possible that is jus the backlight setting.  Why blackberry would not have suggested that is beyond me. But it sound like it is just the backlight setting in is set for an extremley short time. 

Let me know if that helps

Phillips

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
OzBBerry42
My Device: 8300

Have you looked at changing the screen backlight settings under:

options - Screen/keyboard

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
japlo

I have changed the backlight and that did not help.  If you try this on your bold you will see that if you allow the phone to just connect and then push the red disconnect button your screen is still lit and it goes the call log screen.  When my phone is not working correctly and I disconnect after just one ring the screen which is lit (able to see who I am dialing) will disconnect the call but the screen will go completely black.  Try your bold and let me know what happens to the screen after your phone connects and you immediately disconnect the call.  Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
OzBBerry42

Hi,

Have you tried a devcie OS reload?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
japlo

ATT had me do a complete handset wipe.  This brought everything back to the original settings and now everything seems fine.  I just don't think a phone 5 days old should need a handset wipe and I am worried I will need to do it more often.  The place I bought my phone wants me to believe it is normal so that I won't exchange it for another but I can't see how it is functioning normally when the black screen didn't happen during the first 4 days. 
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
OzBBerry42

[ Edited ]

Hi,

No a wipe isnt a reload.

You need to go to the Blackbery website and download the OS for your phone (which is carrier specific).

Then install that file on your PC.

Then plug in your BB to the PC via usb and run the aplication loader in desktop manager.

That should fix the OS issues.

Message Edited by OzBBerry42 on 02-20-2009 11:33 AM

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
japlo

Do I download the same OS that is on my phone???  How do I get rid of the one already on my phone????
Please use plain text.