Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Help and Support: Reload Software 507

Hi,

I need to know where I can get some real support for the bold. I already had an App error 200 and tried to follow a previous link recomending to download software again while battery is out. All thats happened is that I now have a new problem that says "Reload Software 507"

Can somebody help or have I bought a lemon?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Help and Support: Reload Software 507

Hello!

Here are the KB's that address 507:

• KB02792 A 507 error message appears on the BlackBerry smartphone while upgrading BlackBerry Device Software
  • KB03294 Application Loader fails while resolving Device Error 507

Hopefully something there will get you going!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Right now i have the same problem with my blackberry bold 9000 it has the white screen and says reload software 507. It occurred while i was updating my phone and the usb unplugged by accident. I havent backed it up yet. I really need help fast what do i do?

Hall of Famer II

nehs320 wrote:

Right now i have the same problem with my blackberry bold 9000 it has the white screen and says reload software 507. It occurred while i was updating my phone and the usb unplugged by accident. I havent backed it up yet. I really need help fast what do i do?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Well, first you scroll up to the previously posted recommendations and tell us your results from them (with details, please).

Next, you prepare yourself for complete loss of your data...regular backups aren't optional. Doing a manual backup prior to any major operation is prudent. Depending on the update method you used, it may have taken a backup for you automatically (assuming you didn't uncheck that option, that is)...search your hard drive for IPD files...hopefully you'll find one that was created around the time you had all of this happen.

Thanks!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: 8900

Hi

It happens the same to me. I tried to do an update on my BB 8900 and when it was on the process of installation, suddenly on the phone's screen appeared the message " reload software 507". I think there was a problem with the USB cable.

I did all the previous recommendations but it seems that my laptop doesn't recognize the phone because when I open the Desktop Software it keeps giving my the message connecting... and after that there is a message which says  error unknown device :smileyfrustrated:

Hopefully I do have a back-up, now the problem is to get back to life my BB.

Please help me with this issue! 

Hall of Famer II

guardianbalrog wrote:

Hi

It happens the same to me. I tried to do an update on my BB 8900 and when it was on the process of installation, suddenly on the phone's screen appeared the message " reload software 507". I think there was a problem with the USB cable.

I did all the previous recommendations but it seems that my laptop doesn't recognize the phone because when I open the Desktop Software it keeps giving my the message connecting... and after that there is a message which says  error unknown device :smileyfrustrated:

Hopefully I do have a back-up, now the problem is to get back to life my BB.

Please help me with this issue! 

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Yes, hopefully you have a good backup...

I suggest you try these steps:

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Thank you for your answer!

I followed all steps on the link you gave me but when I'm doing the Installation part with the Application Loader Wizard there is no "drop down list" :smileyfrustrated: That's to say there is any option to choose on.

Would it be because the phone is not recognizable that there is no option to choose? I mean I cannot continue with step number 4 "Select the one which says USB:UNKNOWN" 

I'm really disappointed :smileysad: 

Hall of Famer II

So, just to double check, that is Installation Step number 3? Hmmm...well, it's been a while since I've had to run that process, so I can't recall if it's changed and that procedure hasn't been updated...and I have no ability to replicate the steps for you to see if I can figure it out.

Hmmm...maybe you should step back to this procedure:

guardianbalrog wrote:

I'm really disappointed :smileysad: 

I'm sorry about that...I hope my honest attempts to help you are not the cause... :robotsad:

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Not at all! It's just my device or my laptop.

I really appreciate your help. Thank you very much!

New Contributor

I'll try in another PC because I'm afraid this one has something wrong with the USB ports. I'll tell you if the last thing you told me to do worked or didn't work.

Once again thank you very much.