Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
daynabaldwinx
My Device: blackberry bold 9900

Help bold 9900

My phone was working well after another problem that happened to it.Anyway it shut down on me and I pulled the battery to reload the phone and then it comes up with 'blackberry' then the loading bar and my bar fills to about 70% and it wont go another further, ive tried connecting it to my computer to update os etc but it can't connect to my device..ive tried clicking the repair button that came up but it says theres no update or whatever. i cant do anything on the computer to help it work. i even left it for 10 miss,hours and even days nothing i can do will make it all load and turn on. and i cant reboot it or anything for it work as it the blackberry desktop wont connect to it,i aint even downloaded anything on app world as its **bleep** to even want to download anything.  can you help?

Contributor
TekTime
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Help bold 9900

I have same problem. Mine will not connect to JVM so I cannot fix. To date I see no solutions to this, just opinions:No: 

venkatesrao
My Device: Bold 9900

I have the same problem with with bold 9900, it cant seem to reload even after doing a force re install on the device.

any advice, what shall i do next.....????

Contributor
Kiwii355
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Hey guys, have you tried to flash your phone via a software called JL_Cmdr, its where you reload the os and everything. A simple google search like fixing a nuked blackberry will come up with instructions on how to do it.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Kiwii355 wrote:
Hey guys, have you tried to flash your phone via a software called JL_Cmdr, its where you reload the os and everything. A simple google search like fixing a nuked blackberry will come up with instructions on how to do it.

To provide a little clarification, the term "flash" can mean many different things to people; to some, "flash" means something that some "less-than-legal" tools might do. Rather, JL_CMDR can conduct a total WIPE of absolutely all memory spaces on a BB (it WIPES more than the Desktop Software or the on-device WIPE actions can conduct), rendering it truly empty of OS and everything. It can then allow for a very clean OS reload. Another similar utility is BBSAK (bbsak.org), which can perform much the same things, but from a Windows interface rather than the command line interface that JL_CMDR uses.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
TekTime
My Device: Bold 9700

My bold does not reconnect to jvm,. So bmc bbsak etc etc has no use. As I said, a lot of opinions and no solutions

Contributor
Kiwii355
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

TekTime wrote:

My bold does not reconnect to jvm,. So bmc bbsak etc etc has no use. As I said, a lot of opinions and no solutions

Honestly, I'm not terribly surprised...your wording there is a bit aggressive, especially given that this is a user-to-user community of volunteers...not anything to do with your paid support. What has been provided are recommendations...not opinions...the recommendations indeed work for some folks, but cannot be expected to work for all. We just haven't found the right recommendation for your specific situation yet...I'm sure it exists, and if you participate kindly, maybe someone will be willing to keep trying to help you.

There also is a "nojvm" method of attempting to install to the BB..."LOADER.EXE /NOJVM" Perhaps that will work in your situation. I also see that, at least in this thread, these recommendations have yet to be added:

• KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
  • KB27956 How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state

They are, of course, posted inside of many other threads...just not in this specific one yet.

Hopefully one of those recommendations will work in your situation...I don't, of course, guarantee anything...it is also entirely possible that your BB has a hardware problem. In which case, no amount of things we can offer will ever be of any use to you. But I'm sure you can appreciate that truly diagnosing that situation just cannot be done at an internet distance.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code