Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Not Specified

Help! - don't know where I am!

Having GPS issues with my 18 month old 9700. It seems to think I'm on Pickles Street in Melbourne, Australia when in fact I'm just outside of Toronto, Canada. I can't get into the GPS settings, I've tried going through option but that never leads anywhere and the only place I can find anything at all relavent doesn't show me the settings I need. I've tried various battery pulls to no avail and I'm running the stock BB Maps with no add ons. OS6, build 448.

Any advice would be appreciated. I kinda like Melbourne but it's time to go home now Smiley Wink

All Replies
Solutions: 6,191
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Help! - don't know where I am!

On all model BlackBerrys, first make certain that you in an area of good signal coverage AND outside with a clear view of the sky in an open area of no tall buildings.

For GSM network devices, do this:
For the 9800 model:
1. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
2. Click Device > Location Settings.
3. Press the Menu key > Refresh GPS.

Finally, if you're connected to a WiFi hotspot, it could be noting the IP address of the hotspot, if the GPS has not been refreshed per the above.

>> Click here to get a 10% Off Discount on any BlackBerry from ShopBlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

Tried the options route but it only gives me options for wallper, etc. I have a clear area for a signal, this is the first time it's ever let me down. What do you think about deleting through BBDS and reloading?

Finally got into the right settings area and everything was fine. Tried changing and then resetting back to where they were but still was in Australia. Removed and reloaded BB Maps through BBDS and now am back in North America but nowhere specific. This sucks, I'm out of here for a 10 day driving trip later today and was hoping to use BB Traffic.