Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
Patrick
My Device: BB 9930 v7.0.0.374, Platform 5.0.0.552
My Carrier: Verizon

Help getting BB contacts to Android - user defined fields

I have made extensive use of the four user-defined fields in the BB contacts list and am now having trouble finding a way to transfer them over to Android or gmail.  The basic info (name, address, email, phone #s) all transferred over but there was no matching fields for the user-defined fields.  Is there possibly another app to transfer the info to?  Any help would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Help getting BB contacts to Android - user defined fields

You can use Outlook and Desktop Manager sync to do that. You'll have to manually map those fields to specific fields in Outlook and then sync Outlook to the Android or other device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

I think the association can be done using the Desktop Software.

If you do not find it practical you can always export everything in CSV file using the Desktop Software, and then work your way up to GMail importer.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Patrick
My Device: BB 9930 v7.0.0.374, Platform 5.0.0.552
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks for the advice but I've already done that and it is working successfully EXCEPT that the field size in Outlook is shorter than the BB, so some of the user-defined field info gets truncated.  It seems I would somehow need a way to map the BB backup file directly to some other source with no restrictions on the field size.  It appears the BB field size is unlimited as I've never had a problem entering info.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

use the desktop software to map the fields differently, then do a sync from the BlackBerry device to Outlook (to overwrite everything).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.