Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: bb bold 9700
My Carrier: ee
Accepted Solution

Help on map apps

I'm quite new to using blackberry's,I have a bold 9700, and I bought a 'gps maps using Google' app to hopefully use it but when I open it it loads the map and my position, then when I ask it to anything else it says 'the memory available on your device is low. Close some of the items below.' there is nothing to close cause nothing else is running!! Then it shuts it self down because ' sorry! We're closing this page because it is too large to load.!! It says.  does anyone know what's happening and or what i can do for it to run properly??? Or a map app similar that will run on my phone thankyou please Smiley Wink adi.....

Solutions: 6,171
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Help on map apps

You don't need a paid GPS app to run either Google Maps or BlackBerry Maps.

FIRST, Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

THEN, you can download Google Maps from this URL on your BlackBerry:

www.google.com/mobile/other

forget or delete the other application.

Have you tried using BlackBerry Maps?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

thank you for the help, i have done just that instaled google maps and deleated the other, but now this one starts then brings a terms and conditions window up and asks me to please wait, then a window opens and says 'seriouserror. please exit and restart.!! i do and it recurs, so i deleated it again and reinstalded it and it is the same!!?? have you any suggesstions please?....and i have tried bb maps but i like the satalite image, you know real earth pic's!

Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

Now try loading Google Maps and clicking to agree on the terms.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Device: tmobile blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: tmobile

google maps does not support blackberry phone anymore.

http://crackberry.com/where-did-google-maps-blackberry-go
Contributor

New Contributor

Thank you people !

nonyanon wrote:
google maps does not support blackberry phone anymore.

http://crackberry.com/where-did-google-maps-blackberry-go

This is not true, if you actually read the article link you posted and comments.

Google has only moved the BlackBerry install link, to the location I stated above.

Knowledge Base Updates
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

JSanders wrote :

This is not true, if you actually read the article link you posted and comments.

Google has only moved the BlackBerry install link, to the location I stated above.

Exactly ! I am using Google Maps and its working perfectly here in my country India ,Here BlackBerry Maps are not available and most BlackBerry User depends on Google Maps And I am sure and hope Google will not take such a drastic step.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

thanks but still no go.  it allows me to download and see the ole familiar icon, but once i click on it the terms and conditions start coming up, then says 'please wait', then pop screen says "serious error. please exit and restart".  so I do a battery pull while phone is on (wait one minute) and same error comes up.  I CAN SEE THE MAP BEHIND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS!  I'm so close!  help?