Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: 9700 / Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Help to transfer contacts from Bold 9700 to Gmail cloud so I can import into Z10

Since my new Z10 can't import dierctly from my 9700 using DM, i'm trying to export my contacts (and calender, memos, tasks) to Gmail (or any other cloud-based service) to then import into the Z10.

But after reading some forum thread advice, when I go to Contacts>Options>Contact Lists>Default, I don't get any menu options to export or anything else after that, just the number of entries! It uses OS 6 too so it doesn't have the Blutooth option of transferring contacts via that.

Please advise anyone, I can't even set up my Z10 :-(

My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Help to transfer contacts from Bold 9700 to Gmail cloud so I can import into Z10

[ Edited ]

Smiley Frustrated

My advice ..ship the Z 10 back and complain ...its hard to complain to blackberry...lots of forums but no easy route to a simpel email address for complaints. By now youll detect Im angry and its because like you, I expected better from Blackerry!

Sadly, you like me are a victim of Blackberrys total lack of rudimentary bench and software test and debugging capability at the in pursuit of them pushing their product launch to market time down to catch us consumers (Are we really a customer?) with their fancy brand and marketing.

As a customer, surely when you spend a lot of money (Contract or purchase the Z10) then you expect to be able to get past the basics. I recently upgraded from my Bold 9800 on T-mobile for the z10 which I was really looking forward to.

When it arrived, then the fun started.. packaged great, looked great, battery and SIM card in and then I just (As per Blackberry instructions) go to the Blackberry Link page and download the software to allow me to import my data from my bold to z10. Woah, not so fast, after clicking the download link on my desktop pc the software defaulted to an error message halfway through saying it could not complete the install. Second attempt the same thing. Tried my laptop to do same and same result ..hence this is not something thats down to my pc. Its a fault with the link software.

I called Tmobile Tech support and explain the probem . went through the install sequence againa nd same results. Then they checked the blackberry forums and told me there was no report isses (REALLY! I can see a few and Im a simple person with no IT flare!).

After 3 hours of faffing about I told them to stick the Z10 where the sun dont shine and I will chnage my upgarde to an Iphone (Tut). Oh dear, and Blackberry wonder why they struggle with market share retention.Ive made my mind up that despite the fact that i love my blackberry bold and the BB platform that I wasnt going to shell out a large monthly tarrif for the latest Blackberry Z 10 smartphone which is already showing signs thatBlackberry and its software developers have taken the quick route to market at our (Consumers) expense. If we were Customers they would have debugged theses simple issues. Quite frankly, its obscene that they market and offer a solution to transfer datafrom your old phone to the z10 and the software itself fails.

I too was told that I can manually input the data, or bletooth, or port across gamil contacts or text across the contact cards... REALLY.. well sorry, I dont expect toin this day and age have to waste my life away doing this because BLACKBERRY have failed to offer a solution or rather porported to but have not validated their solution works 100% before market launch. Shame on Blackberry. Im moving over to the dark side!!!...Iphone..and thats a real shame! ... I hope somebody at Blackberry takes the time to read this and the other posts pertaining to their flagship product (z10) and its sotfwareand starts to..............   LOOK AFTER ITS CUSTOMERS BEFORE SOMEONE ELSE DOES!

i hope you get a fix soon and sorry for dropping in on your post but theres no simple route (e.g. customer complaints email address) to send my complaint

thanks and good luck ..