Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

gajtguy
My Device: Not Specified

Help with Yahoo Calendar on Bold

I tried searching, didn't get the answer I'd hoped for.  Background:  Longstanding corporate user of BB.  Know the hardware and set up well.  Have strong internal BB support.

I have Lotus and BES working well.  I want to sync my Yahoo Calendar on the BB, it appears it should be able to sync wirelessly and remain separate from corporate calendar.  Personal different from work, it would be terribly helpful.

Went down the path of PocketMac, and that started putting my corporate calendar on iCal, wasn't what I was hoping for.

I hope the question makes sense:  Wirelessly sync Yahoo calendar on BB, remain separate from corporate Lotus Notes calendar.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Help with Yahoo Calendar on Bold

Well the Yahoo calendar isn't on a BES so it wouldn't natively sync wirelessly....

I'm not aware of a third-party app that Yahoo has that would sync the calendar wirelessly. Google has Google Sync however.

If you have a gmail account you can use the steps in this link to import your yahoo calendar data

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2685/google_calendar_import_event_information_yahoo_calendar/ 

Afterwards you can use Google Sync (http://www.google.com/mobile/blackberry/sync.html) to sync with the BlackBerry.

The only other thing I can think of is if you can export your Yahoo calendar and import into Notes (not sure if it offers a format compatible with Notes though)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
gajtguy
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks.  That may do the trick.  Just to make sure I understand, if I have my BB on my corporate BES server and Google Sync, can the two calendar stay distinct?  I wouldn't want my office calendar syncing with Google calendar.  And Vice versa.

Thanks for your help. 

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Well the Google Sync will place your google appts on the BlackBerry calendar and vice versa. So when you look on the BlackBerry calendar you'll see your corporate and google appts. The BlackBerry will natively only sync with one calendar.

I was going to suggest a wired sync with the Desktop Manager, but since you wanted it wireless I just ran across third party software that looks like it'll do what you want.

Folder Mirror by Chapura Software

http://www.chapura.com/foldermirror.php

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.