Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
apel
My Device: Not Specified

Help with sync

Hello boys and girls,

I'm new to BB. I've been using a pocket PC for approximately the last 2 years and I was just getting frustrated with all the rebooting and lag associated with it so I decided to come to the dark side hehehe

Anyways, one of my most favorite features of using a PPC was the synching feature with my computer. There was this folder on my desktop and whatever files I had in there I had in my PPC as well, then if I were to change something on the computer or the PPC to any one of those files, the next time I were to sync all my files which were in this folder would updated and I'd have the latest version on both my PPC and my computer. Is there any feature like this for the BB?

My second concern is that when I sync with outlook I get this error message being caused when I sync my calender in outlook. The error was causing my sync to hault so I configured the sync to only sync future calender items. This fixed the problem so that it syncs everything else like memo & tasks BUT I still get this error message:

---------------------------
Intellisync
There was a total of 1 record(s) skipped during the synchronization as summarized below:
Address Book: Device  - 0, Microsoft Outlook - 1
Please check the synchronization log for more details.
OK   

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Help with sync

Greetings, and welcome to the BlackBerry.com Support Forums. 

1. You can create a folder on your Media Card and do the same. I don't recall a specific application to do that, but on your PC, most any file manager utility would sync any files between two folders (your BB Media Card ,<-> PC folder).

2.  There could be a number of reasons, but the most common is a Calendar item with an attachment. Find and remove that attachment. http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Errors_syncing_the_BB_with_Desktop_Manager

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
apel

I checked on Windows Explorer an I couldn't find anything that would support that feature you are talking about for sync. Is there a third party software I should be looking at perhaps or can Windows Explorer do it and I just can't figure it out?

Contributor
apel

I also checked that calender sync issue and I don't have any entries with attachments.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

The link above mentions issues other than attachments.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code