Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

BBBlondie
My Device: Bold 9900

Help!

Please can someone tell me how to recover lost saved draft emails?

My phone done a JVM error and screen was white, would not work at all.

Called TMobile and they told me to restore it and plug in on my BB desktop. 

It has wiped all my contacts and most of my emails, including drafts i did not send yet with very important info that i need to recover ASAP.

Are they retrievable??

Can anybody help me??

Many Thanks

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Help!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As with all computing devices, data restore depends on having a source of data at the time you need. With a BB, there is no "recycle" or "trash" or other bins on the device itself...once deleted on a BB, gone forever from the BB. So, unless between the time you created those drafts and you experienced the JVM error, you took a backup somewhere, then those drafts are gone for good.

FYI...at the time that many JVM errors happen, the user data is already then gone from the device. Hence, RIM provides multiple FREE methods for users to backup their data. If one does not use those, then one increases the likelihood of migrating from the latter to the former in this old saying:

• There are two kinds of computing device users -- those who have lost data, and those who will

Like insurance, backups are neither a reactive nor an optional activity.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code