Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Tillman
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: Digicel

Re: Help

Good Day

Im still unable to transfer my contacts and BBM from my Bold 9900 to my Z10 from the Blackberry Protect login.

The 9900 was set up to auto backup every other week. It got wet and will not turn on. I now have the new Z10. When I connected it to my laptop it downloaded the desk top software for the Z10. When I open up my device in the program I saw 2 phone profile. When I open the 9900 to restore it said that the data is archived and remote access is not allow. Any ideas?

When I open up BBM on the Z10 it ask if I am a existing BBM user press restore witch dose not work because of the problem above. It also says if you are a new user press continue but I will lose all existing BBM. So that's why I'm trying to restore if possible.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Had you ever backed up your 9900 using the Desktop Software?

For the BlackberryID, use the same BBID as before, it will transfer your BBM contacts over to the Z10.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Tillman
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: Digicel

No I never back up 9900 to desktop. I used the old ID my yahoo email that what I think I used for the 9900. If I had another and can't remember the log name how can I find out? I need to solve this soon.

Please use plain text.