Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Hidden Entries

Here's one for you; I pull up my email as if I'm gonna send an email. I start typing a name, say Sam. I type the S and the name Sean Smith pops up. There is no Sean Smith in my Contacts. When I search for Sean Smith on my device he's not there.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: Hidden Entries

Is that a name that is on your Facebook or Twitter? If so, it could appear as a contact.

New Contributor

I don't do Facebook or Twitter.

Contributor

Have you got other social networks on your phone, or is that name a BBM contact? Have you ever sent an email to anyone of that name as it would stay in the memory.

New Contributor

I don't do any social networking. What is a BBM contact? Yes an email exchange probably did happen. How can I delete that memory? Thanks so much for responding.
Contributor

I've never had to delete a previous contact so I'm not quite sure to be honest. My first thoughts....just a guess....would be to go into the main website mail and see if the person is a contact in there and delete it. Not sure whether that would stop it coming up on the phone.....maybe someone will be able to help you more with it Smiley Happy

Solutions: 6,171
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

You're on a exchange network, that's a setting from the look of your contacts.

"Lookup" can be disabled by your BES or IT Admin, not on the device itself.

Also, please don't double post and cross post this question in different threads, one is enough.

>> Click here to get a 10% Off Discount on any BlackBerry from ShopBlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

An exchange network? I don't understand that. If you mean I get emails on my goDaddy email account and they are duplicated on my phone I get that. However there is no setting on my GoDaddy email account about saving new email addresses. We have no IT or BES Department.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

The device auto suggests email addresses that it thinks you might use based on what you've used in the past. I don't believe that can be turned off.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
Solutions: 6,171
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

No, it can't be turned off.

Regarding my comment on an exchange network, I noticed your comment above about "email exchange" and too it from that. I see now that is not the case.

>> Click here to get a 10% Off Discount on any BlackBerry from ShopBlackBerry

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code