Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
mishkam
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bold 9700

Hidden Folders in Media Card !

I have important folders in the media card  that someone made them hidden, I chose properties, the hidden checkbox is grayed out and I can't uncheck it. Is there a way to uncheck this box .I'm so confused because all my important documents, images, music are stored in these folders.   Anyone know why it won't let me uncheck the hidden box? I need them to be visible.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Angeleyes001
My Device: 8950 Curve
My Carrier: Cellc

Re: Hidden Folders in Media Card !

I've got the same problem for a long while now! Let me explain: I go to the main menu/Applications/Files/File Folders/Media Card - ok when I get here the Blackberry folder including the other folder are hidden. There are other exe files named the same as the hidden ones only difference it ends with .exe when I say show hidden and I go to properties to uncheck the box that says hidden it does not allow me to uncheck it. Its grey. I need to know how to sort out the problem.The problem which is to untick the little box that says hidden! I've tried all I know even on my laptop with my phone connected. I think that is how the problem started. With me connecting the phone and putting media on my phone directly from my computer to the media card. Please rim or blackberry-support help me to see and listen to my media again.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
henrylee
My Device: Bold 9790, Playbook
My Carrier: U-Mobile

Try connecting your media card to your computer and right click on the folder n click take ownership then only u click properties n then untick the hidden box (make sure do all in computer)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Angeleyes001

There is no option for taking ownership. Is there another way to do it? I've got vista on the laptop. Please write in extreme detail.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mishkam

I've got Windows 7 & there is no option for that either !!   I couldn't have a solution till now  :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
henrylee

For windows 7 should have the option because I'm using windows7 ultimate and also have the option.

For windows vista you should check the security or the share option when you right click on the folder. At the share there make sure that its written your computer as the owner.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mishkam

Dear henrylee,

The problem that i can't right click the folder because it doesn't appear on PC because it is hidden . I can only open it on my blackberry when i choose SHOW HIDDEN ,  It never open from my laptop.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
henrylee

jest go to your media card then click tool at the top left of the screen then click folder options > view then click show hidden files, folder, and drivers. then you can see the folder.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Angeleyes001

Ok I went to the media card in my computer. I set it as- run as administrator. The properties wasn't on hidden...? On the computer it only shows read only and archive options marked. So the conclusion I came upon is I think the .exe folders I mentioned in one of my earlier messages is the ones appearing on the computer. My computers file options is set to show all hidden folders. If I go into me media cards "blackberry" folder with media content it shows all my media. (Not hidden) but when I right click in the box (not on folder) and go to properties it says hidden...? And I can't change that it is also gray!!! I want to throw the laptop and phone against a wall! But anyway... The point is - to run it as administrator doesn't work either. Any other ideas. Please help! Oh and I tried formating it. Afterwards it looks fine. Working perfectly. But as soon as I connect it to laptop again and try to put a media file on - I have the same problem.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sandrahany
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: student

yes pls i have the same problem with my media card, i just got a curve 9360 and i connected it to my laptop i synced some stuff and then when i re connected it to sync some other stuff i found that the folders are hidden and i can not unhide them the box is grey... i use windows 7 btw,, plsssssssssss help!!! thnx in advance

Please use plain text.