Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
gentleman2
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone ES

Re: Home WiFi connection poor, wifi icon keeps going grey.

Hi, I have the same problem.  I got my 9700 yesterday, everything worked fine, wifi connected at the office no problem.  Then today, it is greyed out and cannot connect.  Nothing I have done has been able to change this.

In relation to a post above, I may have updated the BB Messenger (I updated lots of things).

Apart from that great (although one issue, possibly although probably not related; when I went to bed it still had two bars of battery, but by morning it was completely dead....any ideas on that?).

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
photo_ren
My Device: blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: maxis

yeah i got the same problem with u....the battery cant last even 1 day.... i dont know why? and about the wifi ,mine always turned to (-) rather the green tick..... help me on this guys...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lpwnd
My Carrier: CSL

Hello, I have same problem on wifi...I can connect to my wifi router, can get IP address,but I can not ping my router(even ping myslef), always ping timeout.....is there any update about this issue?

Thanks a lot.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lpwnd
My Carrier: CSL

HI ALL,

The 9700 works with my office AP. So I think my home WIFI router has something wrong on WMM/UAPSD or powersaving functions.

Try to upgrade the router now.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

This thread would be more usefull if we knew what you were using.

What wifi router are you using?

Is your router running the latest firmware?

what type of encryption are you using?

Did you try to lower it as a test or even trun off encryption?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
idlea
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

I am in the uk and having the same problem. Try  using wifi only with your router but before you roam turn off wifi and set to mobile only it doesn't work if you use wifi preferred. please post your results

Please use plain text.
trackdog
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: at&t

same problem here with at&t bold 9700. Problem solved on my linksys router by changng broadcast settings from mixed (b-g) to G only. Some reason when its switching broadcast the bold wont switch with it.

Please use plain text.
dinduu
My Carrier: vodafone

I've been having the same problem. When I had my Vodafone simcard in my phone my wi-fi worked fine at home in the UK and my other home in southeastern europe. I called Vodafone and they gave me the unlock code, and I unlocked my phone. Ever since then I haven't been able to connect to wifi. instead of getting the tick I also get the dash (-) and when I try to connect it either says "Unable to Connect - Connection Terminated" or something along the lines of "IP Outdated". BUT when I go to scan for wifi networks it says "(connected)" under the wifi name!  HELP!! thanks :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Are you using the Vodaphone SIM card when using WiFI?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.