Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
ronEmanly
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Homescreen icons gone BB Bold 9930

When I grabbed my phone this morning I noticed that the icons on the bottom of homescreen were gone and all that shows is an up arrow. When I hit the menu button and went to manage panels, the box for all was checked and greyed out and I cannot change that option. I used to have my e-mail icons, text icon, and browser icon docked on my homescreen but this disappeared overnight. Please help!!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Homescreen icons gone BB Bold 9930

Hello ronEmanly

Welcome to Support Community Forums

First of all Please Perform a Battery Pull Restart like this Device POWERED ON remove the Battery wait a min. then reinsert it back after Device Reboot see if Icons appears .

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ronEmanly

I tried that after the manage panels and it still didn't resolve my problem.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi ronEmanly

Have you recently Installed any Theme or Wallpaper ? 

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ronEmanly

No, I have not. Everything was fine before I went to bed last night and when I woke up this morning, it was like that.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi ronEmanly

On your Home Screen Press the Menu Key  then see if Show all Icons or Unhide all option is there, if it there Click on it.

Also move your Trackpad to the Lower Ribbion and move it left or right and make sure it is set to ALL

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ronEmanly

I don't have either of those options under the menu. Under manage panels, it is checked all but the box is greyed out. I've checked everywhere and tried everything that I know of and nothing is working. Its almost like the option to have the icons on my homescreen disappeared over night...
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi ronEmanly

You said that On your Home Screen you can see only an Up Arrow ,What happen when you move your trackpad over that arrow and hit Enter does it expands and show those Icons ? 

If not than On your Home Screen press the Menu key > Options > On that Screen In  " Number of Icon Rows " option make sure that it  is not set to " No Icons " .If it is change it to one or two then save it .See if Icons appears on your HomeScreen.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ronEmanly

Yes, it will expand once I click on the arrow but before I didn't have to do that. I had my 6 most commonly used icons already on my homescreen. There was no arrow. The 'all' was locked to show 6 icons on my homescreen.

Also, this is not an option for me ------> "On your Home Screen press the Menu key > Options > On that Screen In  'Number of Icon Rows' option make sure that it  is not set to 'No Icons'."

On my home screen, under options, the only options I have are: Launch by typing, wallpaper settings, downloads folder, home screen panel, and reset to default settings. Under the home screen panel it says:

'Only selected panels will appear on the homescreen'.
All
Favorites
Media
Downloads
Frequent

The 'All' box is checked and greyed out so I can't choose to do anything with that box.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

ronEmanly wrote :

Also, this is not an option for me ------> "On your Home Screen press the Menu key > Options > On that Screen In  'Number of Icon Rows' option make sure that it  is not set to 'No Icons'."

On my home screen, under options, the only options I have are: Launch by typing, wallpaper settings, downloads folder, home screen panel, and reset to default settings

Hi ,

On your Home Screen when you press the menu key  > Options > On that Screen  it is not like this :

• Lunch by Typing 
  • Wallpaper Setting
  • Number of Icon Rows
  • Download Folder
  • Home Screen Panels
  • Reset to Default Setting

So on that Screen you are not able to see " Number of Icon Rows " , What is your device OS version because that option should be there.

Prince

Please use plain text.