Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
maxxdeadline
My Device: 9900 Touch Bold
My Carrier: T-Mobile SK

Host Routing Table Missing/Empty - won't Register

[ Edited ]

Hello,

first of all I'm sorry if such topic already exists.. nevertheless I'm way too frustrated to look for it :smileyhappy:

Now to the problem:

I got BB 9900 Bold PIN - it is not branded and not from my country.

It seems to be unlocked - I tried Options/Advanced Settings/SIM Card with MEPD and all is Disabled.

In my company we use BES services and I never had problems before... (had 8310 and 9700 before)

With this new phone wireless Activation doesn't work!!!

I was trying every possible way but all lead me to HRT which is empty - thus I guess the device is not able to be identified over wireless network.

My Carrier is T-Mobile and I'm 100% sure I got Blackberry Dataplan active! I already contacted them and got response that since the device was not bought from them, they are unable to help me. Also they see last device registered as 8310...

My question is where is my HRT request going - since I see that request was sent, though I get no answering mail? What should I do to be able to register in T-Mobile SK (Slovakia) network and get correct HRT?

If I put my SIM to my old 8310 - I can activate on BES without problem - since HRT is already there...

I tried firmware upgrade and downgrade... wiping, battery pull... still the same thing...

Thank you for your help,

Maxx

EDIT: Removed personal information to comply with Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use.

Please use plain text.
Illuminated_A
My Device: BlackBerry 9000
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Host Routing Table Missing/Empty - won't Register

OK real talk, if ANYONE knows the answer to this, then please reply. Even if you're not registered register just for the sake of replying because I am also in this exact same situation

The only difference with me is that this BB is from the carrier directly, and they're absolutely puzzled, they have escalated the issue has been escalated to RIM themselves, with the hope of them directly connecting it (apparently, according to Orange they can do this :\)

So yeah if you know how, please post, and also OP, if you have managed to fix this then please advise me

Safe
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maxxdeadline

Hi all,

little update (not solved just yet):

after googling and more googling I came accross a similar situation like mine... here is the link:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/234333-my-bb-unlocked-but-why-cant-i-u...

I would point out this part:

chrisbc advises:

„Talk to your carrier to make sure that the IMEI of your BB is allowed on their network. Sometimes carriers only allow IMEIs of their own branded phones to use data service and your new BBs IMEI may need to be added manually for BIS/data to work.“

which solved problem for BBlove1:

„Hi guys i'm happy to let u all know that the problem has been solved...now i can use BIS from my chosen network provider on my bb device. many thanks to all of you that wrote in to give your advice and a special thanks to Chrisbc whose advice was what led to the solution . though it took more than 4week to resolve this issue it was worth the wait!!!! thanks guys.“

So I decided to use the similar approach... I called my carrier hotline and asked for contact for Line Manager. We had a disscussion regarding this issue and I sent him all my details:

Phone number:

IMEI:

PIN:

Vendor ID:

Platform:

App Version:

He told me that it will take some time since 3rd parties and RIM itself must be involved. (it took almost 4 weeks) He called me and told me that the situation is puzzeling - since they got confirmation from RIM that my device is ok and not blocked in whatever way... and asked me to send him the device - to diagnose and test (including complete wipe, flashing their own firmware...etc.) which I did 2 days ago...

I'm pretty curious how that will turn out - he also told me that it is not possible to add manually device to BIS/BES data network.

As soon as I'll have more information I'll update...

Regards,

Maxx

Please use plain text.
Illuminated_A

Hi

I posted above

I also followed this scenario, they got mine working within 2-3weeks as you're right, RIM have to get involved. I didn't have to send the phone to them, only the PIN and IMEI

Hopefully you get yours sorted too

Thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
maxxdeadline

Hi,

thanx for update, unfortunatelly my carrier was not able to solve this... did you contact your carrier or RIM itself? Can you give me contact?

Regards,

maxxdeadline

Please use plain text.
Illuminated_A

I never spoke to RIM, I called Orange and they sent the details off to them. You can contract RIM yourself but they charge like £50 just to speak to someone. Sorry I couldn't be more help. Let me know how you get on
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
asikwa
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: engineer

i have similar issues with my blackberry bold 9900 only mine has been working since i bought it brand new.really dont know how to contact RIM n my carrier isnt helping since i didnt buy the phone from them.the phone is almost a year old.please any form of help will be appreciated
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

asikwa wrote:
i have similar issues with my blackberry bold 9900 only mine has been working since i bought it brand new.really dont know how to contact RIM n my carrier isnt helping since i didnt buy the phone from them.the phone is almost a year old.please any form of help will be appreciated

Hello,

I am confused...your BB is or is not working? You have said both, so I am confused...

As for contacting RIM, well for free you cannot. RIM provides no front-line support to anyone for anything. All support starts with the mobile service providers, the authorized places of purchase, or authorized service centers -- all who can escalate to RIM for cases that need such. But end users have no free method to seek anything directly from RIM. Such is the nature of all contracts to which all parties are bound.

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
asikwa
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: engineer

my blackberry is working only that its not registering so i cant use the blackberry service.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Then you need to talk to your mobile service provider. Until your BB registers properly to their network, nothing else will work. And only they can diagnose what is wrong, for it is an issue between your device and their network, which they control. So, ring them up and find out what is going on.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.