Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

seunlastic
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

Re: Host Routing Table is Empty. Can't register because no response.

[ Edited ]

Hello my name is seun I bought a BB 9300 from china,the phone is a original phone buy I can't broswer on it,the BB logo didn't show by the right side,my 3G is showing capital letter,but what I really understand is I didn't received message from my ISP that my BB have being register,I check my HRT no entrance is there,it's showing empty,have contact my ISP but they respond to me that is my BB that have the problem,please help me what can I do,I I just bought the phone yesterday.Removed personal information to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

......my regard ,thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
raja_faran786
My Device: Blackbeery 9900
My Carrier: EE

Ive got the same problem my host routing table is empty for some reason.. Ive tried everything, resets, factory settings etc.. No luck pleaseeeeeee help me
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
raja_faran786
My Device: Blackbeery 9900
My Carrier: EE

Ive got the same problem my host routing table is empty for some reason.. Ive tried everything, resets, factory settings etc.. No luck pleaseeeeeee help me

I have data plan with my ee network ive got unlimited internet which includes bb bundle..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ladyviruz15
My Device: bold 9930
My Carrier: smart

I've got the same problem.. I registered and my carrier has verified it.. Host routing table is empty and it says I already sent the registration message.. The bb logo is not showing on the top right hand side.. :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

ladyviruz15 wrote:
I've got the same problem.. I registered and my carrier has verified it.. Host routing table is empty and it says I already sent the registration message.. The bb logo is not showing on the top right hand side.. :smileysad:

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As I'm sure has been posted in this (and other) thread multiple times, if you cannot receive the necessary result from queuing the HRT (a registration message received to your Messages app), then you need to work with your mobile service provider. There is something not correct between your BB and their network...but only they can look "behind the scenes" at their systems to try and diagnose why.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ladyviruz15
My Device: bold 9930
My Carrier: smart

Hi~

I got a 9930 bold. I am in the philippines but the phone is from verizon and its unlocked. I have a 9300 curve and can use the BIS there with no problem. My service is prepaid so what I did is I registered to the BIS with the curve and then used it for a couple of days. Then I put the same sim card on the bold and it doesn't have that blackberry logo beside 3G. Already called my service provider and they said that the BIS is active and that they have sent me the service books. Right now, the only thing I can think of is the Host Routing Table.. Its empty and when I go to register, it says that the registration message has been sent. Can I manually set up the host routing table? How are the service books received? What else can I do to fix this?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
stunneri
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Etisalat Nigeria

i have the same problem, since 6 months ago my curve 5 9380, stop working, i tot my BIS was up, i reload bt it still didnt workin, my host routing table was full and i had the full 3G with the BB sign but still no luck coz when i put my SIM into another BB it works. then i did a secrity wipe and return it 2 factory default and did an upgraded my BB 9380 OS bt since then i cant get it registar and no host routing table, so the problem is not with the network but with RIM coz the same active SIM works with my other BB, i have not enjoyed my Curve 5, my BB is nt jst a normal phone, RIM IS FIND A SOLUTION AND FAST, dis is nt fair and i got the phone new

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

ladyviruz15 wrote:
Hi~

I got a 9930 bold. I am in the philippines but the phone is from verizon and its unlocked. I have a 9300 curve and can use the BIS there with no problem. My service is prepaid so what I did is I registered to the BIS with the curve and then used it for a couple of days. Then I put the same sim card on the bold and it doesn't have that blackberry logo beside 3G. Already called my service provider and they said that the BIS is active and that they have sent me the service books. Right now, the only thing I can think of is the Host Routing Table.. Its empty and when I go to register, it says that the registration message has been sent. Can I manually set up the host routing table? How are the service books received? What else can I do to fix this?

Only what I have already advised. Service Books are irrelevant until the HRT is populated. Both the HRT and the Service Books come to your BB from your mobile providers system, and cannot be done manually (well, there is a trick to doing the Service Books manually, but the HRT has no manual method, so you quite simply must get those from your mobile providers network). So, as I said above, you must work with them...only they can look at their system and see why this is not working. No one here has any way to do anything about this as we are all just other users, like you, who happen to volunteer time here to try and help.

But, here's a hint...since you did not buy your 9930 from Smart, what you are trying to do is run a non-native device on their network. From all I can see, SMART does not support directly the 9930 -- in which case, it may never be able to function on their network. The carrier networks typically only support those devices that they directly support...the 9930 is not on their list, so their system may never send out to it the proper HRT and Service Book entries. Bringing a non-native BB onto a carrier network is challenging at best, unsuccessful quite often. That's just the way it is. But if they cannot deliver the HRT to your device, then they further won't be able to deliver the Service Books, and it simply will not function on their network.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

stunneri wrote:

i have the same problem, since 6 months ago my curve 5 9380, stop working, i tot my BIS was up, i reload bt it still didnt workin, my host routing table was full and i had the full 3G with the BB sign but still no luck coz when i put my SIM into another BB it works. then i did a secrity wipe and return it 2 factory default and did an upgraded my BB 9380 OS bt since then i cant get it registar and no host routing table, so the problem is not with the network but with RIM coz the same active SIM works with my other BB, i have not enjoyed my Curve 5, my BB is nt jst a normal phone, RIM IS FIND A SOLUTION AND FAST, dis is nt fair and i got the phone new

Hello,

Your situation is completely different. From what I can see, the Etisalat network does natively support your 9380, so there is something else wrong in your situation. These are the possibilities I can see:

• Your device PIN has been reported as lost or stolen, rendering it "blacklisted" and unable to function on any carrier
  • There is something wrong with how your carrier has provisioned your device
  • There is something physically wrong with your device, preventing it from functioning

There might be more, but those are what quickly come to mind. But, if you also bought your device from Etisalat, then they are your sole formal support channel for any reason that may be the cause of this. Further, if the problem indeed is at BlackBerry, Etisalat remains your front-line support channel...and they can escalate your case up to BlackBerry for enhanced support if required to resolve it.

I am amazed that you've allowed 6 months to pass without insisting on that escalation...if you've been paying them all this time for services you cannot use, then that further amazes me! From all I can understand from your post, you should be working with Etisalat and receiving escalation to BlackBerry to get this resolved.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
stunneri
My Device: Curve 9380
My Carrier: Etisalat Nigeria

it got the BB new and it was working with the Etsialat network but jst stopped, i only used it  for 2months b4 it jst stopped working. and it didnt fall down. and alot if ppl use have the same problems. thats y i blive its RIM phone fault

Please use plain text.