Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Reply
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
Posts: 48,755
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Host Routing Table is Empty. Can't register because no response.


heartzel wrote:

i need to register my phone..ca n you help


Hello,

 

When you read this thread, you'll come across perhaps post 175, with specific instructions, as well as information about what to do if it does not work.

 

Good luck!


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Visitor
pHoQry
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎05-08-2013
My Device: 9900 Bold 5

Re: Host Routing Table is Empty. Can't register because no response.

I have read through every page and done all the above still nothing, I have a bold 5 Digicel network and nothing seems to work....any one had any recent success in fixing this issue - have been on phone with service provider from yesterday back and forth
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
Posts: 48,755
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Host Routing Table is Empty. Can't register because no response.


pHoQry wrote:
I have read through every page and done all the above still nothing, I have a bold 5 Digicel network and nothing seems to work....any one had any recent success in fixing this issue - have been on phone with service provider from yesterday back and forth

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

 

If nothing already posted has worked, then it's up to your service provider to figure out...only they have any "back end" access to systems that could give some better clues. Only they can formally escalate cases up to BlackBerry for enhanced support.

 

Good luck!


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Kill-switch-Beta
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎05-08-2013
My Device: Blackberry storm 9530

Re: Host Routing Table is Empty. Can't register because no response.

Hi there ..... Well 3days ago I decided to swop sim cards .... Had an mtn sim (worked pretty well) until I put my vodacom sim (with Bis) into my 9530 storm ...... Has been nothing but frustration ever since ..... Tried all methods from hundreds of different blogs and again nothing ..... Aaaah So I phoned the network carrier .... Told em what happened ...... They told me I'd need to take my phone in for a SOFTWARE update because the 9530 has issues in my particular region (bull**bleep**)..... Is it possible to upgrade/downgrade the firmware to fix the empty HRT issues??? Any and all help would be much appreciated PS. Sorry for the essay lol
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
Posts: 48,755
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Host Routing Table is Empty. Can't register because no response.


Kill-switch-Beta wrote:
Hi there ..... Well 3days ago I decided to swop sim cards .... Had an mtn sim (worked pretty well) until I put my vodacom sim (with Bis) into my 9530 storm ...... Has been nothing but frustration ever since ..... Tried all methods from hundreds of different blogs and again nothing ..... Aaaah So I phoned the network carrier .... Told em what happened ...... They told me I'd need to take my phone in for a SOFTWARE update because the 9530 has issues in my particular region (bull**bleep**)..... Is it possible to upgrade/downgrade the firmware to fix the empty HRT issues??? Any and all help would be much appreciated PS. Sorry for the essay lol

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

 

I cannot confirm nor deny if what they told you is true or not...but sometimes, if your BB PIN is not automatically released by the prior carrier, then the new carrier system cannot automatically create a BIS account for you. Sometimes you have to ring them up to be sure that their system has released your PIN. Other times, you have to WIPE your BB in order to actually transition between carrier networks.

 


 

But, just in case they are correct in what they say, then an OS reload/update might be useful...

 

Please refer to this official download portal as you proceed. It is sorted first by carrier -- so if all you want are the OS levels your carrier supports, your search will be quick. However, some carriers are much slower than others to release updates. To truly seek out the most up-to-date OS package for your BB, you must dig through and find all carriers that support your specific model BB, and then compare the OS levels that they support.

From a PC, you can install any compatible (e.g., for your exact BB Model Number) OS package to a BB via this procedure:

Note that while written for "reload" and the Storm, it can be used to upgrade, downgrade, or reload any BB device model -- it all depends on the OS package you download and install to your PC. After installing the OS package to your PC, please remeber to delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Be sure that you remove, from your PC, any other BB device OS packages as having more than one installed to the PC can cause conflicts with this procedure.



You may also want to investigate the use of BBSAK (bbsak.org) to perform the wipe it is capable of.



You may also want to try the "Bare Bones OS Reload Procedure" to attempt to narrow down the precise causal item:

  1. Load your OS "bare bones"...if anything is optional, do not install it.
  2. If the behavior presents immediately, then try a different OS with step 1
  3. If the behavior does not immediately present, then run for as long as it takes for you to be sure that the behavior will not present.
  4. Add one thing -- no matter how tempting, just one.
  5. If the behavior does not present immediately, then again run for long enough to be sure it will not have the same problem
  6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all things are loaded or the behavior presents

When the behavior presents, you know the culprit...the last thing you loaded.

If the behavior does not re-present, then you know that either step 1 or 2 cured it.

If the behavior presents no matter what, then you likely have a hardware level issue for which no amount of OS or software can cure.



You may also need the use of these tricks:



If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:

  • KB19915How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck and let us know!


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Kill-switch-Beta
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎05-08-2013
My Device: Blackberry storm 9530

Re: Host Routing Table is Empty. Can't register because no response.

Ok so going though all these steps and I come up with a few hitches 1. The BBSAK app gives an error message "NO OS found, Please install a OS for your phone." 2. The app loader app I try to use gives an error during installation saying "The email setup application cannot be loaded because some of the required files are not available" 3. My dm doesn't recognize any of the official updates I've installed on my computer and only allows me to install OS v5.0.328 (recomended) lol I'm using windows 7 ultimate ..... And BB desktop manager 7.1....... And BBSAK v1.9.2 Also went to my service provider (network carrier) and they said their network can't register on my 9530 due to it being registered to Verizon wireless still ..... I have no idea of how to get vzw to deregister the phone either o_O lol aaah predicament.... Help??? Hehe :smileyhappy:
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
Posts: 48,755
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Host Routing Table is Empty. Can't register because no response.

In general, it sounds like you may not have properly prepared...review:

 

1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

4) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

That preparation should allow you to now have the proper things installed to your PC for these tools to work.


Kill-switch-Beta wrote:
1. The BBSAK app gives an error message "NO OS found, Please install a OS for your phone."

Sometimes BBSAK does this I've noticed...when it does, the thing to do is use it for it's more stringent WIPE (if that's your goal) and then use LOADER.EXE directly to install the BB OS to your BB.

Or, one of these reasons might be why it's not recognized:

  • You have no BB OS Package installed to your PC
  • You have a BB OS Package installed to your PC, but it's for the wrong model number BB -- the filename of the BB OS package must include an exact match your actual BB model number
  • You have a proper BB OS package installed to your PC, but you did not properly delete the VENDOR.XML file(s)
  • You have more than one BB OS Package installed to your PC (which can cause confusion for the tools)

Those are the typical reasons why you would get that result, and each would result in the installed BB OS package (if there is one) to be totally ignored.


Kill-switch-Beta wrote:
2. The app loader app I try to use gives an error during installation saying "The email setup application cannot be loaded because some of the required files are not available"

It sounds like something may have gone wrong with the installation of the BB OS Package to your PC. The steps I gave you above should clear that up (still, though, only as long as any of the other reasons don't apply e.g., the BB OS package being for the wrong model number BB).


Kill-switch-Beta wrote:
3. My dm doesn't recognize any of the official updates I've installed on my computer and only allows me to install OS v5.0.328 (recomended)

It sounds like one of the reasons I listed above may apply...indeed, from those words, it sounds like you have more than one BB OS Package installed to your PC, and that is causing confusion, and it is defaulting to it's "automatic" methods and attempting to query the internet for your carriers currently supported version, and only offering you that one. You need to carefully conduct the preparation steps I laid out in order to ensure that you override that automatic process.


Kill-switch-Beta wrote:
I'm using windows 7 ultimate ..... And BB desktop manager 7.1....... And BBSAK v1.9.2

All of those should be fine.


Kill-switch-Beta wrote:
Also went to my service provider (network carrier) and they said their network can't register on my 9530 due to it being registered to Verizon wireless still

Well, that's certainly news in your scenario...in your first post, you mentioned to other carriers, but nothing about VZW. Indeed, I took it from your first post that this BB used to work fine, but has stopped working when you changed SIM cards. But, if what you say now is true, then this BB could NEVER have worked for you on any carrier other than VZW.  So I am now completely unsure what your actual situation is...nevertheless, I'll continue to blindly guess.

Based on these words you've now used, it sounds like VZW has this BB PIN still assigned to their network, which means that no other carrier can enable this BB to function on their data network. Voice services might work, but data won't since a BIS account is needed, and only one carrier can hold a BB PIN in their BIS system at any given moment. So, if VZW still have a BIS account for this BB PIN, then no other carrier can create a BIS account for it. Of course, if all of that is true, then again this BB NEVER worked for data for you at all on either of the two carriers you previously mentioned...but you didn't reveal any facts concerning that, so all I can do is guess now.


Kill-switch-Beta wrote:
I have no idea of how to get vzw to deregister the phone either

You have to contact them and HOPE that they will agree to...they may or they may not. Normally, they only accept such requests from the actual account holder as per their system...which I'm guessing isn't you.

Indeed, given all of this, it sounds like you bought this BB used and are only now attempting to get it to work (though that's not at all what I understood from your first post). As such, this applies:

  • KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

Note carefully that the SELLER is responsible for conducting their steps before the buyer does anything at all. From all you've now said, it sounds like the seller did not do so.

 

Depending on how the seller represented this device to you, you may or may not have recourse with them. I highly doubt that you will be able to convince VZW to release the PIN from their system. If the seller to you of the device was the VZW account holder, then they might be successful at convincing VZW to release it. But, if the seller to you was not the VZW account holder, then you have even more complications to deal with.

 

Given all of this, it's entirely possible that you've bought a device that you will never be able to fully use.

 

Good luck!

 


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Kill-switch-Beta
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎05-08-2013
My Device: Blackberry storm 9530

Re: Host Routing Table is Empty. Can't register because no response.

Eureka!!!!! :smileyvery-happy: dude!!!!!!! I can't begin to thank you enough for your advice and help oh man God bless you dude ...... Well the problem was the OS I installed .... My carrier doesnt have the appropriate OS for my device so I downloaded an OS from another local carrier .... Installed and works perfectly now ..... Running v5.1.1501 ..... Bis and host routing tables all came through ..... Everything's working fine now ...... Thanks again for all the help sir :smileyhappy: cheers (Y)
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
Posts: 48,755
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Host Routing Table is Empty. Can't register because no response.

Oh! Well that's another surprise...I really didn't think it would work given what they told you about being locked to VZW. They must have been wrong about that. In any event, I'm glad you finally got going.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
bangtoyib
Posts: 7
Registered: ‎05-17-2013
My Device: 9930

Re: Host Routing Table is Empty. Can't register because no response.

Dear sir can you help me i buy second-hand Blackberry 9930 Verizon in my country indonesia

i have a data plan already to connect BIS but my blackberry cannot connect and my Host Routing Table is Empty

after trying to REGISTER NOW and REBOOTING many times... same SIM can register and connect to BIS using a different blackberry device...I also try diffrent network operator but the problem still same cannot connect ti BIS...please help me whats happen on my device iam very frustrating...

 

i can send my PIN,IMEI,ESN for investigation whats wrong with my blackberry 9930

 

Thank you...