Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Host Routing Table is Empty. Can't register because no response.

I explained, in my prior post, the formal method for you to seek support from RIM. It is by first seeking formal support from your carrier, who then can escalate into RIM if needed. There is no free direct path for you to seek support from RIM bypassing your carrier. There is, for a fee, something called Incident Support which you can use, for a fee, to bypass your contract and seek support direct from RIM. That is the way the support model works.

RIM sponsors this site so that the user community can have a place to discuss things with each other, but it is not a channel for seeking any formal support from RIM.

We can debate forever the merits of this support model versus others, but that debate will do nothing to help you...for that debate will not change the support model from what it is...and it is as I have stated to you.

And, since you have decided to doubt me, I will state again (as is in my auto-sig), I am just another user...I am not a RIM employee...I volunteer my free time here to try and help out other users.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: bold 9790
My Carrier: sun cellular

I am also having the same issue with my blackberry 9790... please PM me a fix for this.. thank you

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

PMs are not the proper method of sharing, openly, the solutions to issues. This is a user-to-user community.

As for your issue, please read this entire thread...try some of the things that are already posted. Post back with your specific results of everything you attempt.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey All,

Due to the overwhelming amount of requests to check PIN numbers I will post what you should do if the host routing table is empty.

1. Try a battery pull and place it back in and make sure you have EDGE, 3G, EVDO, H+ all in upper case.  If not,  try a different SIM card and if the issue persists contact your network service provider.

2. Make sure you have a BlackBerry® data plan with your network service provider, if you're unsure please contact your network service provider.

3. If your host routing table is still empty by this point, your BlackBerry® might be blacklisted on the network.  For reasoning for this contact your network service provider and they can work with you.

I hope this post helps out everyone.  If you follow those 3 steps you will find the reasoning of why you're not connected to the BlackBerry® Infrastructure.

If there is any other questions, please let me know.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Sun Cellular

i also need help on my 2nd hand bb torch 9800. already requested to register on host routing table but it is still empty. already verified and asked help from service provider and told me that BIS is already activated for my account and yet i cant use it. can someone lend me some help. thanks!

My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: 082128286607

Dear Sir i bought torch 9800. i already paid the monthly subscriptions for bb massenger from telkomsel ( indonesia )\

i tried to register the host routing table, seems no reply. i already tried to turn the device of and on again and again,,

can you advise

thank you

My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: atnt-simplemobile

i have the same exact problem. My bbm isnt workin and my internet niether. 

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: CLARO

Hi I have the same problem with my brand new unlocked torch 9800, can anybody helpme checking if the pohe is ok?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Globacom Nigeria

All of you having the same issue. Try and load extra credit on your phone after subscribing for your bb service. Then remove the battery and place it back. It worked for me.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Azercell

I have already cancelled BB service, noone could really explain the reason why BB service doesnt work. But, only one post really like true- its blacklisted. But why? why should my phone should became blacklisted?

I found BB mail service very comfortable for using, but now understand my phone could stop working suddenly.

Will change my phone asap.