Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Host Routing Table registration

Hi there,

I can think of a few possible things...

1) Your BB remains locked to it's original carrier:

2) Your BB PIN remains registered to some other BIS system. One BB PIN can only exist in one BIS system in the world at a time. If you have a BIS account elsewhere, you need to have that carrier release the BB PIN before you can register it to another carriers BIS.

3) Your BB model is not natively supported on the carrier you are attempting to use. All BB services function via Service Books. But, carriers typically only push out the SBs for the BB models that they natively support. If your carrier does not support your BB model, then there are some very special tricks to attempt to (hopefully) make it work (and some carriers refuse to allow a BB model that they don't natively support to ever function on their network).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LWT81
My Device: Bold 9700

Thanks! I know for sure it's not options 1 or 3. And talking to one of the support people at my service provider, he came up with the same conclusion you did for option 2.

I'm trying to talk to the vendor and see if he can have the pin released. But is there anything else I can do to have the PIN released in case the vendor is unwilling to do so?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Excellent!

Typically, the carrier that is holding the PIN in their BIS will only take instruction from the account holder as per their records. Hopefully that is actually the seller in this case. Not to frighten you, but there are many cases where a seller is, shall we say, less than honest and came to have that BB via less than honest means. The carriers typically don't listen to anyone but the registered account holder for cases exactly such as this. I'm not saying that's the case for you, but it's a possibility. Hopefully the seller is honest and came about the BB via honest means, and will be willing to help get the PIN released from the carrier that is holding it.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zfsns
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Zong

[ Edited ]

My phone is Blackberry 8520 My pin # is <removed>. i tried to register for host routing table, the message was sent but didnt get any reply becasue i want to integrate my personal email id in blackberry,futhermore when go to email setup only 1 option comes "I WANT TO USE A WORK EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH A BLACKBERRY ENTERPRISE SERVER" but the other option is not coming. Please give me some solution for it..looking forward for your positive response.PEACE

EDIT: Personal Information such as PlN is prohibited for your security. Please review User Guidelines  under section "Be careful."

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,879
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

zfsns wrote:

My phone is Blackberry 8520 My pin # is <removed>. i tried to register for host routing table, the message was sent but didnt get any reply becasue i want to integrate my personal email id in blackberry,futhermore when go to email setup only 1 option comes "I WANT TO USE A WORK EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH A BLACKBERRY ENTERPRISE SERVER" but the other option is not coming. Please give me some solution for it..looking forward for your positive response.PEACE

Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan enabled on your account with your carrier or mobile provider?

You must, in order to get the RIM push email functions you are looking for, as well as additional BlackBerry data services such as the internet browser, Facebook for BlackBerry, BlackBerry Messenger, and much more.

So, call your carrier and inquire about having the BlackBerry Data Plan added to your account.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zfsns
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Zong

Ahaaan...okies let me inquire them...thanks bro
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
randylall
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: bmobile (TSTT)

hi i have a bold 9700....from trinidad and tobago but the phone is an unlocked T-mobile....everything was working fine but after doin an update had to flash the phone.....after which the wifi is not working. when i checked the host routing table it was empyt. Tried registering it but it still remains empty...please help....wifi not working....

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,879
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

randylall wrote:

hi i have a bold 9700....from trinidad and tobago but the phone is an unlocked T-mobile....everything was working fine but after doin an update had to flash the phone.....after which the wifi is not working. when i checked the host routing table it was empyt. Tried registering it but it still remains empty...please help....wifi not working....

1) Register HRT: (OS5) Home Screen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scroll to any line entry and > press the Menu key > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 or OS 7 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table, etc.

2) Resend Service Books: Article ID: KB02830 How to send the service books for a BlackBerry Internet Service account. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830

3) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

5) Now, return to the browser, and go to mobile.blackberry.com OR to www.blackberry.com/integrate
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options.

If that works and completes your email setup/editing, good.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
randylall

Hi JSanders

My blackberry doesnt have any data plan on it......as such when i enter service book what email and password am i suppose to enter.....i have never had a data plan on my phone as well as never signed up the email function on my phone....i want the wifi to work in order to use what apps...facebook and browser....please advise 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
randylall

strange update to the situation. As i said earlier the phone does not have a data (internet) plan on it....however if i delete all saved wifi connections from the phone and just put on the wifi (without connecting to a wifi device) the browser on my phone is working. however i am not able to download app world nor use whats app. Now if i connect to my wifi router at home, the browser stops working along with all other programs that use wifi (facebook , whats app etc).

Please use plain text.