Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
Koloblicin
My Device: Bold 9900
Accepted Solution

Host Routing table empty, will not register with network.

I would like to apologize if i put this post in the wrong thread.

So here is the issue. I sent a request to my carrier to upgrade several SIM's to have the Blackberry service added to them. I specifically asked for them to ensure that the SIM's were set to BES and not BIS. The first SIM i try to register with the network does the following to me. The phone, before i register it with the BES server can make phone calls and surf the internet. Once i sync the phone with the enterprise server and i go back outside to verify that it will send and receive these emails, i attempt to check the internet and it says that service is not available. I have 3G (yes capitol) service and i can make phone calls. The host routing table is empty and when i try to register the phone it simply says "message sent" but i never receives the routes. I wiped the phone and repeated the steps with the same result. I contaced the carrier because all of the googling i did pointed to the carrier but they swear the correct plan is attached. Please if anyone can assist me it would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Host Routing table empty, will not register with network.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Actually, you need to persist with the Carrier. But first try removing that BB from your BES, then performing the ResetToFactory WIPE so as to remove the IT Policy. Then start all over with the BB, making sure you can do all BIS activities (including populating the HRT) before you activate on BES. If it continues to fail, then you need to escalate with the carrier and get BIS working before activating BES.

The HRT and all BIS functions should not be affected by BES at all, unless there is something in your IT Policy that is doing so. But, that's not really likely as it should impact ALL BES activated devices, not just one.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Koloblicin

Thank you for the response. It occured to me just this morning before i read your post that i should attempt to populate the HRT before i synced it with the server. I greatly appreciate the response and will follow your advice :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Oh! From your first post, I thought you'd actually done that already! You queued the HRT message, but just had not yet received the requisite response. Or did I misread?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Koloblicin

I had qued after i had sucessfully synced it with the BES. I thought that since the web browsing worked before i synced it that maybe it would populate pre-sync. I did try that with not luck however, i did contact the liason for the carrier and they said they resolved the issue. I have been unable to verify it as of yet but i will do so as soon as i can. I will also update the post to inform you as to what happened.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Excellent...thanks!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Koloblicin

So basically after telling my liaison with the carrier that it had to be the carrier, they found the solution. They gave me some vague answer about how difficult it was to set the SIM up properly for a BlackBerry and that once they set it up properly that it was good. I appreciate you pointed me in the right direction.

Please use plain text.