Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530

Re: Hotmail Blackberry Sync no longer working for Verizon

Unless you're just tied to your Hotmail account for some reason, one solution is to use AOL mail. It provides instant delivery and they provide a plugin to sync your account.

Frankly, I am not pleased with not being able to adquately use my Hotmail account on my Blackberry and will end y business with Verizon upon reaching the end of my contract.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

kanderna.... Deleting on the phone and then having it delete automatically in Hotmail is about the only thing that DOES work.  There is a setting you can make in your BIS account (either from the phone, or the BIS web page, or call your carrier and they can do it) which says "Synchronize" and has a picture of a wastebasket with a web cloud hovering over it, a double arrow, and then a blackberry picture.  If you click the checkbox then when you delete on the phone, it will delete in Hotmail.

Now if we can get the mark as read on phone marks as read in hotmail, and instant email pushes working, then all would be great.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650

Yeah, started working again the following day.  Not sure what was going on when I posted.

Strongly agree with your last sentence!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530

After a coniderable amount of thought, I figure that if I can't sync my Hotmail then why bother using a BlackBerry? The solution was simple. I just ordered a Droid X. If I have to give that up then I may as well get the most out of my data package. Goodbye BlackBerry.

My Device: blackberry tour

I have had the same problem for the past several months and everyone at verizon acts like its the hotmail account.  I kept telling them no something wasnt right.  The only thing that syncs and not always is deleting of my emails.  I have been so confused for so long about this until I saw your post.  The hold server for hotmail is mail.hotmail.com 110 but i tried this on the bis website.  Would not let me do it.  Please let me know if you hear any updates about this or have figured out a way to remedy this!!!   This is so frustrating and I cant believe verizon screwed this up!!!

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Hi!

I haven't had a chance to read this whole thread - it has been added to considerably since I last looked here.

However, this thread at o2IRL's forum may be of interest:

http://community.o2online.ie/t5/Blackberry/Failure-of-BlackBerry-Internet-Service-to-read-REPLY-TO-f...,

and also this one at this forum here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Internet-Service/Blackberry-email-does-not-honor-t....

The last of these two is quite long, but bears reading throughout.

It does seem that synchronising using MSNMSP has a major flaw: the 'Reply-to' field is not read. This means that replies to certain emails can be sent to completely the wrong address. Possibly Verizon considered correcting this flaw - not present using POP3 - justified switiching to POP3, despite the latter's failures in other, less critical areas.

I will come back later to read this whole thread here, to see if my observations do in fact tie in.

o2IRL is Ireland's o2 mobile/cellphone network. The first link is the result of direct contact with RIM by o2IRL. 

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2

Here is an informative thread at CrackBerry.com concerning this lamentable problem: 

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/final-word-push-email-hotmail-here-s-your-answer-361096/

My Device: Blackberry Curve

SOLVED! REPLY TO YOUR FRINEDS NUMBER LIKE THIS PHONENUMBER@VTEXT.COM AND NOT PHONENUMBER@VZWPIX.COM