12-12-2012 11:14 AM
So I have a Bold 9900 and I'm getting pretty sick and tired of it.
It freezes online, takes ages to turn on, turns itself off when trying to take a picture with the flash on, the list goes on.
So I'm guessing all I can do to fix this garbage is to update it.
I go in the settings of the phone, then to software updates and it tells me that it's up to date, when it isn't, it only has 7.0
How the hell do I update it? :/
12-12-2012 11:25 AM
The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.
If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:
Good luck and let us know!