Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
alain_desilets
My Device: World Edition

Re: How Do You "Turn Off" Wireless Synchronization...

I have a BB Curve and am having the same problem. What is the procedure for turning wireless sync on that model? I have tried all the procedures described in this thread and none of them seem to work.

Alain

JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Alain_desilets, please give DETAILS of what didn't work.

Which of the suggestions did you try and didn't work? Did you encounter an error message in the process?

Or, was the path outline above not present for you?

Remember, we don't know what you did -- no cyrstal ball here.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
alain_desilets
My Device: World Edition

Actually, after much poking around, I did manage to solve the problem. Even with the info on this thread, it took me 30mins to troubleshoot the problem. Sounds like I'm not the only one who has struggled with this. Someone at RIM should look at this usability issue.

For the record, here is the path I took.

I have a BB Curve 930.

My contact list used to synchronize with Outllook, using a USB cable. Now, when I connect my BB to my laptop using the USB cable and click on Organizer in the Desktop Manager, I see that Address Book is unchecked, meaning that it is not setup to synchronize with Outlook.

If I click on Configure Setting and check Address Book, then OK, I get error messages:

---

Synchronization is currently unavailable for:

Address Book

because the application(s) is (are) configured for wireless synchroniation etc....

etc...

Please click on Help for information on how to disable wireless synchronizatio non your device.

---

I click on Help, and nothing happens.... sigh!

So... I click OK and Cancel.

Now I am back to the "Select Organizer Data to Synchronize" dialog. I now notice this text on that dialog

---

Settings on your device are preventing the synchronization of some items.

__ Turn off wireless sync__

---

So, I click on the "Turn off wireless synch" link.

Now, I see this:

---

To synchronize your organizer data, you must turn off wireless synchronization for each type of organizer data that you want to synchronize using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software.

1. On your BlackBerry® device, in the Calendar application, Contacts application, Tasks application, or MemoPad, press the Menu key > Options.
  2. If necessary, click a calendar or contact list.
  3. Change the Wireless Synchronization field to No or clear the Wireless Synchronization check box.
  4. Press the Menu key > Save.

---

When I click Menu key > Optins, I get "Home Screen Preferences". Nothing to do with wireless.

So, I follow step 2. I go to the contacts application and click on Menu key > Options.

I see:

---

General Options

Contacts lists

alaindesilets0@gmail.com

---

And here's where I went wrong. For some reason or other, I assumed that the email address was just a display field what was showing what my current email address. It never occured to me that this was an actual contact list (in spite of the clear caption above it). So I went to General Options looking for the option and didn't find it. Then I thought this particular instruction list didn't work.

It's only now that I realize I need to click on the email address  and do "Wireless Synchronization = No".

New Contributor
adonisranjit
My Device: Blackberry 9700

@alaindesilets- you are just great , i have been struggling for the resolution of this issue since over a month but no one was able to resolve this issue . Thanks a ton the issue stands resolved now.
JSanders

alain_desilets wrote:

It's only now that I realize I need to click on the email address  and do "Wireless Synchronization = No".

Glad you got it figured out. If only your question had been as detailed as your answer, someone might could have directed to this.

There are about 4-5 different methods of calendar syncing.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
B_J_H
My Device: Bold 9700

I cannot shut off the wireless sync on my calendar.  I do not have the option to do so on my 9700.  I tried the options discussed above, but i can't get through.  Even when I attempted your method with contacts (just to see what the options are) there is nothing remotely close to wireless sync available.  

This only started when I  updated my phone to v6.0.0.526.  Once again, I am reminded never to update the BB software.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Elkalio
My Device: 9800 torch

Seriously !! How did you find this man ur a genius!!! Thank you so much I was so frustrated about to smash my phone, thanks
Carlosaguzmand
My Device: CURVE 9300

I dont know how you came to this solution, but! its a great one! congratulations! you did take that little weight off my back
New Contributor
Gerutl
My Device: Blackberry Style, Model: RCU21CW

This does not work on the 9670 Style Blackberry. 

I could not find  Options > Advanced options > Enterprise Options.  Once you are in there, hold down the 'Alt" key + cnfg, then you should be able to see the wireless sync options in there.

I spent an hour + with Blackberry support today and they could not find how to turn off 'wireless sync' on the 9670 either.  It is either not there or so well hidden that it is almost impossible to find.  Any other ideas?  I invite any ideas!

JSanders

Gerutl wrote:

I spent an hour + with Blackberry support today and they could not find how to turn off 'wireless sync' on the 9670 either.  It is either not there or so well hidden that it is almost impossible to find.  Any other ideas?  I invite any ideas!

Are you on a corporate BES account?

Do this: Options > Advanced > Service Books. Scroll to the entry "[DESKTOP] Sync".

Press the menu key > Delete.

Go back to your BalckBerry Desktop Software and run desktop sync. Once you're complete, you can go back to your Service Books and find that same entry and press the Menu key > Undelete.

Post back and let me know if that works for you. Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates