Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

TreyBell
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: How Do You "Turn Off" Wireless Synchronization...

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I tryed this. (instruction given in post from J Sanders on 08-29-2011 10:23 )

I'm on a BES account. I deleted the Desktop sync item from the Service Books, and re-synced with the decktop manager software, but the Desktop sync item in Service Books did not re-appear.

Can you help me?

thanks,

Trey

Please use plain text.
Soulanges
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Restoring 2-way synchronization

Shortly after installing software version 6.0 on a Bold 9700, I noticed that the Calendar running on Outlook 2011 was not recognizing calendar entries I had recently recorded on the BB.  

The fix that worked for me was serendipitous and rather simple.

After opening the BB Desktop Software on my computer, I selected <<Organizer>> and then clicked <<Reset Settings>>.

The setup wizard then led me through the sequence of configuring two-way synchronization for Calendar, Notepad, Address Book and Tasks.

Presto!  Two-way synchronization was re-established.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Skum
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Telus

Thanks fixandtweak this was the best I found to solve this problem.  I noted a few differences for my torch here is what I did.  I realize now my problem started when I added a gmail account to my device and it somehow ended up with the contacts box for wireles sync checked.  Here's what I did (which I never would have figured out without your note).  I presume this would work to turn off calendar and tasks sync as well, although that was not my problem.

On my black berry torch

• Click Set up icon
  • Click Email accounts
  • Click Internet Mail Account
  • Click continue (asked me to log in but I just clicked continue and it got me in)
  • Here it gives me my 4 email accounts in my case - yours will depend on how many you set up
  • Click on one of the email accounts (click on the one you suspect is the problem ie: the one you added most recently that probably started the problem - in my case my new Gmail account)
  • Click Edit
  • Scroll down and click on the + sign by Sychronization Options
  • Uncheck the box for contacts (if there is no box for contacts then this is not the email account giving you the problem try another email account - this is what sent me for a loop at first as I was in an email account that wasn't the problem and there was no contact check box - frustrating, but figured out eventually)
  • Save your changes (I had to enter my password to save changes)
  • You should probably check all the other email accounts just in case it's in more than one, but for me it was just the one I added recently.

On My Desk Top Computer

• Go to the BlackBerry Desk top softward (I had my device connected)
  • On the left hand side click on Organizer
  • Check the book by Address Book
  • Resynch your black berry and all the contacts should flow.

Thanks again fixandtweak for getting me to this point.

I think the real solution was that I should have bought an I Phone!!!

Skum

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
NancyJ2
My Device: 9600
My Carrier: 02

Thanks so much, I was being driven crazy!! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
ilie51m
My Device: BB 9800 Torch
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi, I have been struggling with this for a few hours and am so relieved to finally have my contacts added. One thing i wanted to add, i went through all the steps of different posts several times and could not figure out what was wrong. YOU MUST HARD RESET YOUR PHONE!!!!!! This means pulling out the battery and restarting it. After this was done it was a smooth flow and now I have it all working. Thanks again fellow crackberry addicts.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
WillFixAnything
My Device: torch 9800

[ Edited ]

I was having the same problem today ... for a quick fix:

I signed into my Rogers Blackberry BIS account, deleted the account that was being synced, then re-added the account ... everything is working fine ... Roger's tech support was useless...

Please use plain text.
samichy
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: wind

Finally i resolve the problem after i red your trouble shooting. i called my carrier and bb help line..... nobody was able to help me. thank you .:Balloon:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brian__
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am in a similar situation. Did you ever find out how to turn off wireless synchronization remotely, from your computer. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
WillFixAnything
My Device: torch 9800

As I said earlier:  I logged into my BIS account, deleted the the email address and then re-added it ... the wireless sync was removed... you might want to restart your phone before re-adding the account.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
brian__
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

thank you. I managed to figure it out and took a slightly different approach (for anyone reading this in the future). I backed up my old phone using the desktop software and restored that information to a new blackberry.

-b

Please use plain text.