Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
WillFixAnything
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How Do You "Turn Off" Wireless Synchronization...

In that case, the wireless option was set on the phone itself ...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
WillFixAnything
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

To turn off your wireless sync ... I am doing this step-by-step as I write this response ...

I have 8 email accounts on my blackberry torch 9800 ... when I go into contacts, then options, in the bottom section there are three email accounts with contacts on my BB.

So now, when I select the first email account ... in black and white, there is a check mark box for wireless sync.. uncheck it and away we go ...

The best thing to do from here is to restart the BB desktop manager

Please use plain text.
hesterbrooke
My Device: 9670
My Carrier: Sprint

JSanders wrote:

Gerutl wrote:

I spent an hour + with Blackberry support today and they could not find how to turn off 'wireless sync' on the 9670 either.  It is either not there or so well hidden that it is almost impossible to find.  Any other ideas?  I invite any ideas!

Are you on a corporate BES account?

Do this: Options > Advanced > Service Books. Scroll to the entry "[DESKTOP] Sync".

Press the menu key > Delete.

Go back to your BalckBerry Desktop Software and run desktop sync. Once you're complete, you can go back to your Service Books and find that same entry and press the Menu key > Undelete.

Post back and let me know if that works for you. Good luck.

I tried to follow the directions to turn off the synch on my 9670 but in the service books listing there is not a desktop [synch] listed.

i'm not sure what else to do now?

Please use plain text.
stoneseat
My Device: Blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi my screen has gone on my BB 9700 is there a way of removing this wireless sync from the desktop program as going in to the menus on the phone is not possible. 

Please use plain text.
Cean
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: O2

Hey, you are certainly a genius, the phone has been driving me crazy as I needed to transfer my contacts onto my new phone.

Blackberry's instruction manual is totally useless, I wonder whether anyone actually tries out these instructions before they go to print.

You've made my day, what a relief, I have been trying to do this for the past 4 days.

Many thanks and good day to you

Please use plain text.
whizbang2013
My Device: Curve 9000

This is March 2013, and the very same thing has happened to me....

Everything was working well and then not able to Sync because WiFi Sync has switched itself on. The Options tag in Menu does not display any WiFi Sync options so I am now as stuck as the rest of you....

Is this a software problem that has still NOT BEEN corrected???

Please use plain text.
whizbang2013
My Device: Curve 9000

I followed the instructions from WillFixAnything at the top of the page and the key here is to open each account, I have five email accounts and my WiFi Sync tick box was in the last of them.
Please use plain text.