Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold
Accepted Solution

How Do You "Turn Off" Wireless Synchronization...

How Do You "Turn Off" Wireless Synchronization...
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,892
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How Do You "Turn Off" Wireless Synchronization...

For mail and messages?

Messages Folder > Options > Email Reconciliation 

Is that what you need? Are you on a corporate BES account?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Forza
My Device: 7230,7290,8100,8300,8700,9000

You can either go to each individual PIMS and Calendar to turn it off.  e.g. Go to Calendar > Options > Desktop > wireless sync. 

Or you can go to Options > Advanced options > Enterprise Options.  Once you are in there, hold down the 'Alt" key + cnfg, then you should be able to see the wireless sync options in there, just change it to NO

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone give you helpful hints, please click on Kudos.
If you issue is resolved, mark Accept Solution next to the resolution post.
Feel free to search www.blackberry.com/btsc to find your answers.
Please use plain text.
pkatcha
My Device: Not Specified

I have been following this thread.  I own a curve and can to find the option described in this thread either on my phone or using the blackberry software.  I have a business email server.  The ultimate goal is to be able to download my contacts into Excel or .csv type file.  I can not get my Phone to Synch b/c the wireless synch is enabled.  Any help with all the above would be appreciated.  Thank you

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
keesnielen1
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: KPN

hi guys,

My sychronisation worked well in the past (contacts and calendar); however all of a sudden I receive this error message that I have to disable wireless synchronisation.

I followed the thread; however in advanced options I cannot find the enterprise options in the menu. Nor do I understand the other option that is offered: calendar>options>desktop, as Desktop is not an available option either.

I have a bold 9000 with v5.0.0.681 (platform 5.2.0.64) and desktop software: 6.0.0.43

Thanks for your help, I am completely stuck!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
keesnielen1
My Carrier: KPN

Do I feel dumb!

I have multiple contact lists and calendars, you have to select one before you can select the sync option!

Solved!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
melinger
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

[ Edited ]

Exactly what happened to me with a Torch 9800.  I suspect a bug from "options" leading to the wrong menu.  I look forward to any workarounds you find...

I select Calendar, in the menu I choose "options", and it sends me to the "Home Screen Preferences" page.  I updated all software (6.0.0) but still have this problem.  The Home Screen Preferences page has choices like Wallpaper Settings, etc, but nothing for turning off wireless.

Is there any way I can delete (and then re-add) my Calendar application?

BTW, Contacts has the same problem.

- Dan

Please use plain text.
branks
My Carrier: Lime

hello i am experiencing this same problem can someone please help me i really need to syn my contacts asap

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fixandtweak
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I can only speak from the stand point of my BB Bold 9780. I have spent some time to figure it out. Here's what you might want to look into:

To turn off Wireless Sync you need to go into 'BlackBerry Setup", then "Email Accounts" and then "Edit" and then go ahead and uncheck "Contacts" sync for every one of the email accounts. The the Desktop Manager will work as expected. Crazy, isn't it? RIM needs to take a look at how easy Nokia E-Series did it. BTW, RIM's instructions are completely wrong for 9780 model.

On the side note, if you have at least one Gmail account, you can painlessly sync all of your Contacts wirelessly without the hassle of what RIM suggests we all do.

As far as I am concerned their Desktop Manager is worthless.

Please use plain text.
Nikster
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

You are a genius!!! Who would think that it's all in the email accounts? I have the Blackberry Torch and I'm going insane since this morning on how on earth I can sync my contacts to my Yahoo Mail. My desktop app keeps popping a message that I have to turn off the wireless sync and then it gives you the so called step by step process on how to get it done, But, guess what??? You are absolutely right!!! The desktop support is totally.... completely.... definitely.... 100% USELESS!!!

Thank you for your informative post :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.