12-28-2010 01:35 PM
That was a very helpful post. Just to make it even more clear here is a step by step for those of you who are less techy and need your hand held like me! It took me lots of time to even find the set up icon for email.
1. go to the main menu page on your black berry the one with all the icons.
2. click on the set up Icon the one with the little green gear
3. Next click on the Email Settings Icon
4. you will see your Email address highlight it and click
5. drop down list will appear, click on edit
6. scroll down to Synchronization Options (The holy grail)
7. Click, and a drop down box will appear uncheck Calandar and Contacts
No go to blackberry desktop manager
Go to the sychronization button
The synch page will pop up
click on the synchronization button on right side of screen
set up box will appear, click on all boxes you want to synch
this takes you back to the first synch page
Now Hit Synchronize and you should be good to go!
02-05-2011 10:22 AM
I use BB BOLD - 9000
There are 3 options that you need to carry out,
- Go to contacts/address book, tab the BB key click options... In the contact lists option, click all entries one by one and in the wireless sync option either select 'NO' or 'Desktop'
- Secondly go to Phone Options .. select Advanced options .. Default services.. for contact list (SYNC) : Select 'Desktop'
- Lastly go to phone setup.. open all your email accounts, Edit .. then uncheck the wireless sync options..
Hard reset your phone-- by taking and putting back the phone battery..
Now use the desktop manager.. sync option.. it'll work.. (make sure the sync phone data is selected)
Hope it helped..
03-09-2011 11:22 PM
Does anyone know how to turn off wireless sync remotely from a computer? I am working with a friend's BlackBerry Bold (one of the recent ones, not sure exactly, 3.2 MP camera), that has a cracked screen and am trying to recover the contacts.
Ultimately, I am trying to export the contacts to a .csv file. It sounds like to do this, I need to turn off wireless sync, and then use the ASCII exporter option from within the Sychronization workflow.
Can anyone help? Friend was in a car accident and the phone is crushed, but still connecting to a computer.
04-30-2011 04:41 PM
Thanks so much! I just upgraded from a Javelin to a Bold 9780 and my contacts were read only, so I couldn't transfer them. This thread was a lifesaver
05-27-2011 03:05 AM
05-27-2011 09:56 AM
05-31-2011 04:03 AM
Sorry for the delay , whenever am trying to follow the instructions am unable to find Synchronization option in advanced options in the first place. As per another instructions when i try login to the E- Mail Set up it there is no option to turn off the Wirless Synchronization in OS 6 .
06-01-2011 07:00 PM