Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Unclejack24
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

How can I access a old backup from a previous phone when my phone crashed?

Can someone please tell me how I can access an old backup from a previous phone? My phone died and needed to be replaced. I can't use the function switch devices since the old phone is dead. When i try to restore the new phone with the old backup from the previous phone of the same model it tells me its "read only" and won't let me check the box with all my contacts. Is there a work around for this?

I don't have an outlook backup of all my contacts so this option is also not possible.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How can I access a old backup from a previous phone when my phone crashed?

Please give details with all model numbers, etc., of the old phone, new phone, etc.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Unclejack24
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Both the New and Old phone are BB Bold 9900 models. 7.1 Bundle 2807 (v7.1.0.1033, Platform 5.1.0.692)

The orignal was bought <1 year ago but the keyboard and finger reader failed to function. After pulling the battery and powering up the phone failed to boot 100%.  

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

If you configure the BlackBerry Desktop Software to write backup files to a read-only folder, the BlackBerry Desktop Software displays thefollowing generic error message: "An error occurred while backing up your tablet. Try backing up again. If an error occurs again, contact your support representative." (DT 2359954)

Workaround: Change the permissions on the destination folder, or write the backup file to a folder which does not have read-only permissions

While pertains to a backup, check that folder and see if it is indeed read-only

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.