Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Buffalo
My Device: Not Specified

How can I easily record a phone call ?

Hi. I haven't used a BB yet but I may buy a Bold very soon. Can someone tell me if there's an easy way to record a phone conversation with the bold ? Can the record software be link to a special key so that you just need to press one single in order to record the speech between me and the person who calls me ? Thanks for your help.

alain_desailly

Re: How can I easily record a phone call ?

Hi. Hope RIM will answer. I'd very interested too.My old nokia 6230i does it very easily, can't see how the Bold would not be able to do that ;p
Contributor
Corin
My Device: Bold 9700

Me too =]
New Contributor
tjbsap

I just bought my Bold and I am struggling to record a call easily. It would be a shame if my low tech Nokia 6300 can do it and my BB Bold couldn't.

Any expert know how to short cut a key so we can record easily?

New Contributor
dckings

I'm eager to trade in my outdated Treo700p for something more modern, feature rich, with a better keypad.  Digging the blackberry bold... On the Treo700p, I use mVoice from Motionapps--works like a charm to record calls, which I NEED to capture details from calls with clients when I'm not able to take notes (i.e., while driving)  Am I stuck?  Forever bound to a slowly dying treo?  Sounds like developers aren't able to crack the OS restriction.  Won't Bberry listen?  Who's lobbying them?  It's a dealbreaker for me... and it sounds like for many, many others as well.
New Contributor
garness34
My Device: Bold 9000

Hi, I know this thread is quite dated but did anyone come up with an answer for easily recording a phone call? I have a Bold 9000.

Thanks and regards

New Developer
rodrifox
My Device: Bold 9700

If you're in the States you could use Google Voice. You can also try out www.recordiapro.com or voxsmart.com. There are other 3rd party apps that can do this for you. But as per BlackBerry native functions, you can **not** record phone calls. They don't even provide an API to do this.

-------------
Rodrigo Bravo
http://www.wilkonit.com