Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

Jaro33
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

How can I keep messages in Gmail as "unread" after reading them on Blackberry

Hi,

I have a Blackberry 9700 and would like to be able to read my message on the Blackberry, but keep the "unread" status in Gmail, as I only scan through them on the Blackberry, but mostly take care of them when I get home.  All the message which I have read on the Blackberry are then showing as "read" in Gmail, which tricks me into believing that I have responded already.  I was able to do this when I had my previous Blackberry 8703e. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: How can I keep messages in Gmail as "unread" after reading them on Blackberry

Mark the messages 'unopened' that were to unread!

To do so highlight the message that is read from the device -> press Menu button and select Mark Unopened.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Regular Contributor
zaksdad
My Device: Bold 9700 OS V 5.0.0.979

Re: How can I keep messages in Gmail as "unread" after reading them on Blackberry

I read most of my messages on BB 9700 and they remain unread on Gmail when I later use my computer on Gmail. Not sure why, but I will see what I can uncover. Are you reading your BB email with Gmail mobile client or simply from the Messages folder? Perhaps using the Gmail mobile client it will mark them read. Try reading directly from the Messages folder.

"Search Comes Before Post"
split2112
My Device: Bold 9700

Any luck with this?  I would prefer the same functionality as the original question, but I don't want to have to mark every single email as unread.  This used to work fine on my Bold, but I just re-activated my email account and it syncs the BB and Gmail now.  Please help.

Regular Contributor
zaksdad
My Device: Bold 9700 OS V 5.0.0.979

I believe your problem is syncing with Gmail. Why don't you stop doing that and simply have BIS send emails to your BB which you can then read/delete from device and still have them marked as Unread on Gmail. I sync BB with Outlook and then sync Outlook Calendar with GMail calendar but I only sync Contacts with Outlook. I have too much personal info for some contacts that I simply don't want on the web as it is their info. Hope that helps.

"Search Comes Before Post"
New Contributor
dhallett42
My Device: 9700

I've had the same thing happen to me. This seems to have fixed it:

Home screen? Email icon, Options, Email Reconciliation, then set wireless reconcile to Off.

Hope it works for you.

BB2theDeath
My Device: Bold 9650

after reading the message on your device, back space back to your inbox and 'Long press" the message. You should get a popup with an option to mark unread.

I do that often and i'm such a nut when it comes to notification icons on my BB, i'll read theemail, then mark unread and delete it from my handheld.

Hope this helps

CupCec
My Device: Bold 9700

How can I keep my BB email up-to-date with what has been read in my GMail

I have a BB Bold (9700 I believe) and my e-mails in my Bold always appear unread even after I have read and possible even deleted them in my GMail inbox. Is there a way that I can easily keep them up-to-date on my blackberry so that I don't have to go through and mark a bunch of e-mails as read even though I have already seen them online?

Thanks!

Cara