Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
triny2001
My Device: Bold 9900

How can I put my password in without it being wiped?

[ Edited ]

I simply changed my password, then when it came to typing he password in, it wont work. This is my last attempt. Is there any way I can back up my phone to my computer without getting my phone wiped before I can do anything?? Please answer ASAP !!!!

Is there even a way to take the password off??? Please any suggestions will be appreciated. Just as long as my phone doesn't get wiped, pleaseeeee give me any suggestions!

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

Re: How can I put my password in without it being wiped?

Oh dear.  Try doing a battery pull.  It may reset the password count.  When the device reboots, you'll have to put in the correct password because the password option is enabled.

My Device: Bold 9900

I've tried rebooting it but it still says its the final attempt. I can't get into anything on my phone and I can't back it up on the computer because I need to put the password in. And I can't get blackberry protect up so...is there anything I can do?

Forums Veteran III
Wolf359
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

oh gosh.  nope.  All i can suggest is that you make sure you're using the right password!  it may have caps, symbols or numbers.  I'm sorry, if you put in the wrong password again, your device will be wiped.

My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

I know my comment will appear very dark, but this is exactly why the password is used. To protect the data on it.

The fact that you lose everything after 10 attempts is the reason why you trust the BlackBerry security.

Now, don't forget to set BlackBerry Protect ASAP, and don't forget to do frequent backups of the content of your device.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: