Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

My Device: Not Specified

How do I Reinstall Blackberry Messenger

I couldn't seem to add anyone on my blackberry messenger so i deleted it and was planning to reinstall it but now I can't.  It says that my device doesn't meet the system requirements (I have a bold).  When I connect it to my computer to add apps, it doesn't show up either.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thanks!

Contributor

Re: How do I Reinstall Blackberry Messenger

If you installed it from Blackberry.com (http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/im/blackberry_messenger.jsp) The system requirements are:

Installation scenario Minimum requirements Installed with the core BlackBerry Device Software BlackBerry device running device software version 4.0.2 or later with 32 MB of memory Installed from www.blackberry.com/ messenger using a desktop computer BlackBerry device with USB port running device software version 3.6 or later with 16 MB of memory Installed wirelessly from www.blackberry.com/ messenger using the BlackBerry Browser or Internet Browser on a BlackBerry device BlackBerry device running device software version 3.7 or later with 16 MB of memory

I'd uninstall the program from your computer, reinstall it and then try loading it through application loader again.

Complete the following steps to install an application on a BlackBerry smartphone:

1. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer running BlackBerry® Desktop Manager. 
  2. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  3. Click Application Loader.
  4. Under Add/Remove Applications, click Start.
  5. Select the the applications that you want to install on the BlackBerry smartphone. Click Next.
  6. Review the applications that you would like to install or remove from your BlackBerry smartphone
  7. Click Finish to start the application load process.

New Contributor

I tried to follow those directions, but didn't have any success.  I have a Bold. This is what I did to reinstall Blackberry Messenger.  I was getting the "java.lang" error.  It was NOT necessary for me to reinstall all the blackberry software.

1. Install Desktop Manager on your PC.

2. Go to your provider's website (mine is AT&T), and download the "Blackberry Handheld Software".  The AT&T site actually directed me to AT&T page on the Blackberry site. 

3. Download and install the Handheld software on your PC.

4. Open Desktop Manager and connect your Blackberry to the USB port.

5. Go to Add/Remove programs, and Blackberry Messenger should show up. Install/uninstall as necessary.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Hi pchun930 and welcome to the Blackberry Forums

You have any blackberry data plan?

You need the Blackberry Data Plan to run Blackberry Messenger in the device. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
New Contributor

What if im using a mac? I can't access a Desktop Manager or my Mac. Anybody help?
New Contributor

Hi, I am using blackberry bold with version 4.6. I have problem with my blackberry messenger while 2 person was invited me to bbm conference (appear pop-up message uncaught application and can't get in to bbm again and again) until then I desperately deleted the application. I wanted to re-install the application again and I have followed the steps to use desktop manager but it didn't work.

Can you help me, how to reinstall again? In fact, I have tried to install thru the mobile download but it's only compatible for v4.0 or v4.1 and I have also tried to use the desktop manager to load the software but I couldn't find bb messenger application.

Looking forward to get some advice. Thanks

New Contributor

Which instructions did you follow?  I do not think the instructions from Strawberrywine work properly anymore.  If you followed my instructions, please tell me where the process stopped working.
New Contributor

I have followed Strawberrywine. I havent followed your instruction, so I need to contact my provider first to send the downloader application?
New Contributor

No, I think all the providers are actually provided on Blackberry's website.  I think the link I found on AT&T is actually a link back to the proper Blackberry page. 

You probably don't have to contact your provider - just go to their website.

New Contributor

Hi Josh, I couldn't find any solution accessing to my provider website. But I have figured it out. I went to this link http://blackberry.bosen.net/90xx/ and I upgraded my device software. which automatically can choose what application that you'd like to update n load.