Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
aamig
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Telstra

How do I add in new contact lists and remove the old ones without deleting contacts

I am finding my contacts point to outdated contact list names that are not required.  I do not know how to copy contacts to new contact lists and delete the old contact list.  Can someone assist?  I have a BB Bold 9700.  Thanks very much..

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: How do I add in new contact lists and remove the old ones without deleting contacts

Hi aamig and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Contact lists cannot be deleted until they are empty.  The contacts don't have to be deleted, just moved to the main contact list or you will can create the new contact list then move the contacts from the old list to the new one.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aamig

Re: How do I add in new contact lists and remove the old ones without deleting contacts

Ok. One contact list has 263 entries and the second one has 45. Is there a bulk copy or bulk move function available?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aamig

I have 263 contact names in one contact list and about 45 contact names in the second contact list.  Is there a bulk move available?  The thought of moving one contact at a time is unpalletable for me..

Please use plain text.