Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

New Contributor
buskroth
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How do I change the login mode for a BlackBerry Internet Service account on my 9700

Got my first BB, it's the 9700 and I believe that as my company do not have BES, I have to login to my BIS via a computer to setup my work e mail (Microsoft Exchange Server). After reading about this and attempting it, I get an error message on my provider's website which basically means that I have to change the login mode for a BlackBerry Internet Service account. I have checked out Blackberry's website and the instructions do not work for my 9700. Can anyone please help me?

Many thanks,

Buskroth

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How do I change the login mode for a BlackBerry Internet Service account on my 9700

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

While this location does not yet have the 9700 included in it's demos, the 95xx demos should be close enough to find what you need.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How do I change the login mode for a BlackBerry Internet Service account on my 9700

What error did you get, and what instructions were you using?

Are you on a pesona BIS account with your mobile provider or a BES account?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
buskroth

Hi,

Thanks for your responses. Unfortunately, that link did not help me.  The error message I get is "your account is not accessible via HTML browser" and after some reading, I need to change the login method via my blackberry but the method detailed on Blackberry's site is not compatible with the 9700 model.

Please use plain text.
Developer
rocmon
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + 64GB MicroSD
My Carrier: Rogers

the link provided should have addressed your question, if you 'cannot get there from here' - I'd suggest you contact your carrier as they need to switch your account to password enabled i.e. allowing you to log in via non-BB browser to configure your BIS email setting...

peace and love
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Normally, there are two interfaces to BIS.

On Device via:

• Homescreen > Setup > Email Settings (unless you have moved the icon)

Via Website:

Normally, I only access the website interface from a PC...never from my BB Browser. I've heard of some carriers that have only on-device interfaces and other carriers who block their website access from the BB Browser. But those are the methods that are available...and your carrier is indeed your best resource for finding out about their specific services for you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
buskroth

Spoke to my carrier, now all sorted, they  had to enable my BIS for HTML and so now have a username and password.  Thanks very much for the advice, I'm sure I'll have more questions soon enough :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.