Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Bold™

phEEnY
My Device: Bold 9000

How do I disable voice dialing??????

I have a Bold 9000, and sometimes the bugger just drives me nuts.

This has only happened to me twice now, but it's a pretty costly issue..

My voice dialing seems to randomly turn on, I have no idea what is leading up to it, I hadn't had my headphone jack in it for a couple of hours.... But then, the next morning, my alarm doesn't go off because the stupid voice dialing was activated [as you can see, this is a costly issue because it has lead to me missing a shift].

Anyways, all the posts that I have read the solution has been to disable the side key.. Which I did a long time ago, and I double checked today, yes, it is turned to video camera, not voice dialing.

How do I disable my voice dialing??  Please help!

phEEnY
New Contributor
hufobbe059
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Re: How do I disable voice dialing??????

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday; however, only for the first time.  Luckily, I'm an early riser and happen to wake up shortly after my alarm was supposed to go off this morning.  I'm checking around too.

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

I changed the convenience keys and also hid the icon on my home screen. Take a look at this post if you want to completely remove the application from the BlackBerry. It involves removing some java files

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve-BlackBerry-8300/Disable-Voice-Dialing/td-p/4...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
hufobbe059
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Try taking the battery completely out.  I did that and rebooted it, and now all my sounds work.

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Just found this article too if you want to remove the app from the BlackBerry

http://www.berryreview.com/2010/01/26/faq-remove-the-annoying-voice-activated-dialing-from-your-blac...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
ckm547
My Device: Blackberry 9700

[ Edited ]

My company does not allow voice activated dialing on my BB 9700.  There is no reference to it on my phone.  There is no smart key for it.   Yet I cannot play media because it says VAD is active.  I have rebooted my device - nothing.  I have removed the battery - no help.  I have run software to look for VAD.  Nothing.  I have security wiped it three times - it works for 24 hours, then back to active VAD.  I use a Bluetooth - could that be doing something to it?

My desktop phone sends voicemail to my BB - I need to be able to listen to these messages in the field. 

Someone please help me!

New Contributor
Digital_Islandboy
My Device: Bold 9780

Any instructions for MacOS?   This VAD thing is going to determine if I bother to get BB10. If it is in that, heck no!  I just had it out with BB technical support who was like "You're using a bluetooth handsfree device.  That's your problem!"

Whatever, just tell me how to uninstall your Voice dialing **bleep** off my 9780. I'm not paying for a next phone to quarrel with me.